203 Lotus blogs updated hourly. Who will post next? Home | Blogs | Search | About 
 
Latest 7 Posts
Gone, but not forgotten
Mon, Nov 13th 2017 30
Cannot get past Context Roots page in Engagement Center
Fri, Nov 10th 2017 5
Cannot update RunAs role in Connections 6.0 with WAS FP10
Fri, Oct 20th 2017 7
Limiting resources used by IBM Cloud private and Orient Me
Tue, Jul 4th 2017 4
IBM Connections Files plugin not working within Notes when TLSv1.2 is enforced
Mon, Jun 19th 2017 4
Touchpoint problem due to no search index
Thu, Jun 1st 2017 5
test
Fri, May 19th 2017 3
Top 10
Gone, but not forgotten
Mon, Nov 13th 2017 30
LDAP error code 49 – Failed, invalid credentials – user cannot log in to Connections
Thu, Jan 8th 2015 13
Sametime 9 business cards revisited and beaten!
Thu, Aug 21st 2014 9
IBM Sametime Video Manager start up scripts
Fri, Apr 22nd 2016 8
Sametime audio and video failing due to business cards
Tue, Feb 4th 2014 7
Audio and video not woriking in a web browser due to LtpaToken “undefined”
Mon, Feb 17th 2014 7
Solution for Sametime connection issue with iNotes when SSL is used
Thu, Jun 26th 2014 7
IBM Connections Metrics graphs stop working after 365 days with CAM-CRP-1098 error about CSK
Fri, May 6th 2016 7
Cannot update RunAs role in Connections 6.0 with WAS FP10
Fri, Oct 20th 2017 7
Stproxyconfig.xml is overwritten with incorrect APNs port and changed when applying an update
Fri, Aug 15th 2014 6


Sametime 9 policies not working due to slashes in the policy name in SSC
Twitter Google+ Facebook LinkedIn Addthis Email Gmail Flipboard Reddit Tumblr WhatsApp StumbleUpon Yammer Evernote Delicious
collaborationben    

I had come back on site to a customer to deploy some other Sametime 9 services and found that the managed-settings.xml wasn’t being applied to the clients.

I remembered reading Gabriella Davis’ blog http://turtleblog.info/2014/04/02/problems-deploying-sametime-policies-the-missing-link so I found it and at first I enabled POLICY_DEBUG_LEVEL=5 and then updated console.properties adding  SSCUserName, SSCPassword and removing SSCEncodedAuthorization.

I added the following trace to STConsoleServer, *=info:com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.plugins.policy.*=all which allowed me to see the policies read from the STSC.POLICY.TEMPLATE table to make sure they were populated.

The Community server was restarted that evening but still policies were not being applied to the clients. Thanks to the debug I then had some useful output in the Trace directory to look through and found this:

[ 07:58:57.560 | 04.12.2014 | FINEST | 1 ] : DbXmlBlackBox : readSortedData : Policy DTO=> Policy ID: Managed.settings.28/10/14;Policy Weight: 3;Policy Label: null;Policy Type: USER
[ 07:58:57.576 | 04.12.2014 | SEVERE | 1 ] : DbXmlBlackBox : readSortedDataForProducts : PolicyException:
com.ibm.sametime.policy.types.PolicyException: com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.services.exception.ServiceException: com.ibm.sametime.console.common.http.api.exception.HttpBadRequestException: Not Found
Caused by: com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.services.exception.ServiceException: com.ibm.sametime.console.common.http.api.exception.HttpBadRequestException: Not Found

I previously created an IM policy called “Managed settings 28/10/14″ which wasn’t liked. As there is xml involved I removed the slashes to leave “Managed settings 281014.”

I restarted STConsoleServer and then restarted the STPolicy Windows service on the Community server and this triggers activity on the STConsoleServer. Now that the slashes were removed the files policies.server.xml was updated adding the managed settings policy to policies.user.xml which is in the program directory of the Community server. Subsequently, the policy was then applied to the clients.

http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/all

This provide high level information on all policies, IM, audio/video etc.

http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/av.anonymous.policy & http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/av.default.policy

These URLs provide details of the default audio/video policies.




---------------------
http://collaborationben.com/2014/12/05/sametime-9-policies-not-working-due-to-slashes-in-the-policy-name-in-ssc/
Dec 05, 2014
4 hits



Recent Blog Posts
30
Gone, but not forgotten
Mon, Nov 13th 2017 10:45a   Ben Williams
A
5
Cannot get past Context Roots page in Engagement Center
Fri, Nov 10th 2017 4:13p   Ben Williams
A
7
Cannot update RunAs role in Connections 6.0 with WAS FP10
Fri, Oct 20th 2017 10:01a   Ben Williams
A
4
Limiting resources used by IBM Cloud private and Orient Me
Tue, Jul 4th 2017 3:26p   Ben Williams
A
4
IBM Connections Files plugin not working within Notes when TLSv1.2 is enforced
Mon, Jun 19th 2017 2:46p   Ben Williams
A
5
Touchpoint problem due to no search index
Thu, Jun 1st 2017 4:39p   Ben Williams
A
3
test
Fri, May 19th 2017 7:40p   Ben Williams
A
1
Sametime file transfer not working due to chat logging settings
Thu, Apr 27th 2017 7:11a   Ben Williams
A
3
Orient Me and mongoDB connection failures
Thu, Apr 20th 2017 3:16p   Ben Williams
A
3
Orient Me and some things I’ve come across and wrestled with
Thu, Apr 13th 2017 7:04p   Ben Williams
A




Created and Maintained by Yancy Lent - About - Planet Lotus Blog - Advertising - Mobile Edition