|Latest 7 Posts
| What is the IBM Domino Community Server|
Wed, Sep 20th 2017 9
| Announcing IBM Bluefizz - goodbye IBM Docs and IBM Connections on Greenhouse|
Mon, Sep 11th 2017 11
| IBM and Salesforce shake hands and offer integrations|
Thu, Aug 31st 2017 5
| IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for July 2017|
Tue, Jul 18th 2017 4
| Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Printer review|
Tue, Jun 27th 2017 5
| IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for June 2017|
Mon, Jun 26th 2017 7
| DB2 on Cloud is renaming and something else is now Db2 on Cloud??|
Wed, Jun 21st 2017 6
| IBM issues withdrawl statement about MaaS360 from On-Premises|
Mon, Aug 15th 2016 13
| Disable Non-Delivery Reports|
Mon, May 19th 2014 12
| IBM Watson gets a ride in GM cars with OnStar Go|
Thu, Dec 1st 2016 11
| Announcing IBM Bluefizz - goodbye IBM Docs and IBM Connections on Greenhouse|
Mon, Sep 11th 2017 11
| How To: Using Chromecast in a Hotel wifi network|
Thu, Jul 10th 2014 10
| IBM Verse does not currently support sending encrypted messages|
Fri, May 8th 2015 10
| IBM Verse exclusive BP Enablement Session at IBM ConnectED 2015 announced|
Wed, Jan 7th 2015 9
| IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for August 2015|
Thu, Aug 27th 2015 9
| IBM Connect 2017 registration is open|
Mon, Dec 5th 2016 9
| Phonetic Computer Eyewear product review|
Mon, Dec 19th 2016 9
||IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for April 2016
IBM has released what's new for IBM Connections Cloud for April 2016. Here is some of the updates
|Connections: Real-Time alerts focus your attention |
Connections: Easier access to critical companion applications
- Stay up to date with things that require your attention and response. The new notification center in the navigation bar increases your awareness less disruptively. See alerts with a single click - no matter where you are in the service. Allows you stay on track or swiftly shift gears depending on what is required at the moment. This feature will be available on or after March 23
- Files - Now you can access your files in Connections Cloud, right from the IBM Notes sidebar.
- Forums - Files attached to forum entries are now easily accessed in search results
- Forums - When someone posts a reply to a forum topic, notifications about that reply are now linked directly to the posted reply.
- WIKIs: WIKI pages have permanent links - You can rename WIKIs without changing the URL leaving bookmarked links intact.
- Groups: Add people when creating a group - You can create personal groups and add people while you are creating the group.
Connections Mobile: Collaboration on the go
- Access Polls and Surveys from your mobile device.
- Rich Text editing for Blogs and Wikis.
- @mention people in Forums
Go offline with mail and calendar
Quickly create and edit meeting invitations
- Now you can get your work done when you're disconnected from the Internet. Set up Verse mail to read and write messages offline and Verse automatically sends your email when you connect to the Internet again. With Verse offline, you'll have the last seven days of messages in all folders, seven days of preceding calendar events, and 30 days of future events. Verse offline must be enabled first by the organization administrator. The setting to enable offline will be available to the organization administrator on or after March 14, 2016
Calendar gets a splash of color
- Creating a simple meeting invitation is now quicker than ever. Just click an open slot in the calendar bar to open the quick calendar form. Add a subject, and then add attendee names to see common free time for all. E-meeting links and dial-in numbers are automatically included. Click "More options..." in the lower left to bring up the full invite form. This feature will be available on or after March 28, 2016
- When editing a recurring meeting entry the options to change the meeting have been simplified.
- The Verse calendar style is now consistent with the Verse calendar bar. The style update includes colors, fonts, bold, visual spacing, and other improvements. This feature will be available on or after March 28, 2016.
|One-to-one video chat support on desktop clients |
- Connections Chat Cloud users who prefer to use desktop clients (standalone and embedded in Notes) can now enjoy one-to-one video chat. This feature works for SAML and non-SAML authentication scenarios. Users who do not authenticate using SAML must check the "Remember Password" checkbox after authenticating for the feature to work.
- This feature is also supported on the 64-Bit desktop client for OS X.
|New meeting prompts ensure better control of privacy |
- Now when you start or join an audio-video conference with your browser, Connections Meetings Cloud asks for your permission to use your camera and microphone. The prompt provides enhanced privacy for hosts starting or participants joining an audio-video conference. The prompt appears in both standard and large meetings.
Chrome support for meetings (MS Windows OS)
- Google Chrome now supports screen sharing and audio and video on a Windows desktop (Mac OS to follow soon). Previously, you were able to only attend a meeting and share files with Chrome. A new floating window for video will allow presenters to share their screen without losing view of other video participants.
Meeting Administration: assign users to meetings A/V policies
- For organizations that have entitlements to Connections Profiles, administrators can now set meetings A/V policies for specific individuals in their organization without the use of the Integration Server.
|Connections Docs |
|IBM Docs enhancements |
Several new enhancements to improve IBM Docs experience - highlights include:
- Add Area Protection to manage specific cell ranges or sheets. Set Read Only or Edit for specific contributors.
- Enhanced Hyperlink formula to support both URLs and cell ranges in current or another sheet.
- Added .xlsm file format support
Common to All Editors
- While editing community files, after selecting File >Copy , a copy will be within the community, not the personal file list.
Read more about these enhancements right here
See the previous IBM Connections Cloud enhancement posts right here (and previous SmartCloud naming ones) on IdoNotes
Apr 12, 2016
| Recent Blog Posts
What is the IBM Domino Community Server|
Wed, Sep 20th 2017 4:20p Chris Miller
IBM has recently announced the IBM Domino Community Server edition (package?) to help you test non-production applications without needing a server license IBM® Domino® Community Server for Non-Production will be a nonwarranted license option that enables your organization to test applications in a non-production environment. This offering will provide students, developers, and vendors with the capability to test their custom IBM Domino applications. .One of the keywords above is that it is
Announcing IBM Bluefizz - goodbye IBM Docs and IBM Connections on Greenhouse|
Mon, Sep 11th 2017 8:23p Chris Miller
IBM has announced IBM Bluefizz and the sunsetting of IBM Greenhouse entirely. The Greenhouse team thanks you and all of our loyal users, customers and business partners for making Greenhouse the place for learning about and trying out IBM collaboration products and solutions. On October 15, 2017 we will sunset both IBM Docs and IBM Connections on Greenhouse. We have officially launched the next evolution of Greenhouse, Bluefizz. We welcome you to start using Bluefizz now to discover the latest
IBM and Salesforce shake hands and offer integrations|
Thu, Aug 31st 2017 3:05p Chris Miller
IBM and Salesforce have dropped the gloves, shook hands and both offered data and app integrations to further their partnership. In the recent announcements (previously it was just selling their Watson and Einstein products) they are doing deeper app and data intergration offerings. I think Salesforce got the raw end of the deal only offering IBM Weather data in Lightning apps. Weather data is pretty abundant, but IBM does own the rights to allThe Weather Company since buying them a couple
IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for July 2017|
Tue, Jul 18th 2017 4:02p Chris Miller
IBM has released what's new for IBM Connections Cloud for July 2017. Here is some of the updates Verse for iOS 9.4 performance, scalability, and security enhancements Verse mobile for iOS just got better with enhancements to performance, scalability, security, and ease of use. This release contains general performance improvements for Inbox, Calendar, and Contacts views. Connections: Get started fast with guided tours New guided tours provide first time users and experiences users alike
Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Printer review|
Tue, Jun 27th 2017 2:15p Chris Miller
The Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Printer is a affordable and easy to use wireless printer. That is after you get it connected to the network in your home. I walk you through the app setup and some quick features in the review video above. As someone that does not print often, the times I do want to is when I am mobile. Packaging The printer comes well contained with the power cable and two ink cartridges. No cable for a direct PC connection is included (for those that want to use the Cano
IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for June 2017|
Mon, Jun 26th 2017 11:00a Chris Miller
IBM has released what's new for IBM Connections Cloud for June 2017. Here is some of the updates Verse Verse: Preview attachments while composing a message When you compose an email message, you need to be able to preview an attachment while in Draft mode so that you're confident you're sending the correct information. Now you can! Click the attachment to preview it in the Verse window. Click X to close it and return to composing your message. Verse: Replied to and forward
DB2 on Cloud is renaming and something else is now Db2 on Cloud??|
Wed, Jun 21st 2017 3:49p Chris Miller
IBM sent a very confusing email about DB2 on Cloud and renaming. I will just leave this here On June 22 a number of products will be renamed in our Db2 family of products That's right, Db2 "DB2 on Cloud" will be renamed "Db2 Hosted" and "dashDB for transactions" will be renamed "Db2 on Cloud. Now notice the DB becomes Db in the new name. I am not sure if that was a typo or on purpose to differentiate the products. Either way taking a product name and swapping a new product into it al
IBM Cisco Offering Technical Deep Dive replay|
Thu, Jun 8th 2017 2:37p Chris Miller
IBM put together a webcast on the new IBM and Cisco Offering. The webcast is just under one hour. You can stream it with the blow link Watch and replay the webcast right here and even download the presentation here
IBM Connections Cloud enhancements for May 2017|
Fri, May 19th 2017 3:18p Chris Miller
IBM has released what's new for IBM Connections Cloud for May 2017. Here is some of the updates Verse Verse: Calendar delegation Need to view or manage the calendars of others? You can now use IBM Verse to add people who have given you access to their calendar using IBM Notes. Add them to the Delegation panel, and open any managed calendar in a separate browser tab. When a new calendar notice arrives, you'll be alerted by a red badge in the calendar's browser tab. Alain Ama
Goodbye to IBM Open Mic Webcasts - hello JUMP sessions|
Thu, May 11th 2017 2:54p Chris Miller
IBM Open Mic Webcasts have been a place for you to ask anything you wanted on a specific topic with IBM engineers and support. They quietly, and not sure what the name means, now call them JUMP sessions. I noticed this name change only due to a small notation made in a recent email announcing a webcast (JUMP??). However, the emails still look and read just like IBM Open Mic Webcasts. As a valued IBM client who has contacted technical support, you are invited to participate in an IBM Suppor