Was reading about Big Data earlier today, and then saw this plop into my in-box
IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition is an integrated, tested and pre-configured, no charge download for anyone who wants to experiment with Hadoop.
InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition, our entry-level offering, is available at no charge for download, installation, and use. Solutions developed using InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition can be deployed using BigInsights Enterprise Edition. It includes the following:
• Fully integrated, completely compatible – Integrated install of Apache Hadoop and associated open source components from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
• Web-based management console for a real-time view of your BigInsights environment.
• Easy integration with IBM InfoSphere Warehouse, IBM Smart Analytics System, and DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
• Jaql, a query language that facilitates analysis of both structured (through a SQL-like interface) and non-traditional data types.
• Optional IBM Elite Support for 24x7 phone and web support.
One of my New Year resolutions for 2012 is to learn more about stuff that I don't normal come into contact with in my role as a Collaboration Solutions Architect, so BigData sounds like a challenge ….
Want to know more ?
I do, so I'll go and download BigInsights from here.
Top 6 mistakes in IBM Business Process Manager installations
Tue, May 7th 2013 7:09a Dave Hay Let's play a game of word association. What subject comes to mind with the words "engaging" and "terrifying"? Whatever you are thinking, I suspect it wasn't IT security. Yet those very words describe J Keith Wood and Jens Engelke's new IBM Redbooks publication. In it, they share their experiences of working with IBM customers around the world on securing IBM Business Process Manager solutions. Security pitfalls are everywhere and the stakes could not be higher. This blog post is part of [read] Keywords: ibm
Knowledge Collection: Troubleshooting documents for IBM Business Monitor
Tue, Apr 30th 2013 11:23a Dave Hay Abstract This Knowledge Collection is a focused compilation of links to documents for troubleshooting. Content A Knowledge Collection is a focused compilation of links to documents that share a common theme. Knowledge Collections are navigation aids that organize content to help users quickly find relevant information. Knowledge Collections are not designed to be an all-inclusive list of all documents dealing with the specific theme. Knowledge Collection: Troubleshooting documents for IBM Bus [read] Keywords: ibm