|Latest 7 Posts
| Technisch consultant. Per direct beschikbaar in de regio Zuid-Holland.|
Sat, Mar 8th 2014 14
| Running Sophos UTM Firewall Release 9.200-11 on VMware ESX|
Thu, Mar 6th 2014 49
| FRITZ!OS: New Firmware 6.04|
Fri, Feb 21st 2014 181
| Sophos UTM Up2Date 9.109001 package|
Fri, Feb 21st 2014 105
| ESXi 5.5. Build Number: 1474528|
Thu, Feb 20th 2014 155
| Firmware Update FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360. (FRITZ!OS 6.03)|
Thu, Feb 13th 2014 195
| CentOS alert CESA-2014:0159. Kernel Update.|
Thu, Feb 13th 2014 135
| What's the difference between Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 Features Matrix|
Wed, Dec 19th 2012 4505
| Comparing Lotus Domino/Notes and Exchange Server 2010|
Tue, Feb 12th 2013 1570
| QNAP TS-439 Pro II firmware 4.0.2 Build0726T|
Sat, Sep 28th 2013 1264
| Exchange 2013 Hide SMTP header information|
Sat, Sep 28th 2013 1090
| Exchange Server 2013 and Cumulative Updates (CU’s) Build Numbers|
Sat, Sep 21st 2013 1072
| New features in VMware vSphere 5.5 (2058665) |
Wed, Oct 23rd 2013 935
| Exchange 2013 logs and performance data. “Managed Availability”. |
Fri, Sep 27th 2013 923
| Microsoft Exchange 2013 SCL level configuration|
Fri, Sep 20th 2013 921
| Exchange Server 2013 Version 15.0 (Build 712.24) and MS13-06 - KB2874216|
Mon, Sep 23rd 2013 910
| Running WSUS 3.0 SP2 Version: 3.2.7600.256|
Wed, Mar 27th 2013 862
||Astaro Releases Astaro Security Gateway Version 8. Up2Date 8.001 Released
Announcing release of Astaro Security Gateway Version 8
What's New? Highlights of Major New Things
* Updated WebAdmin - New colors, fonts, and visuals make WebAdmin more easily readable with crisper overall presentation
* IPv6 - Support has been added for the next iteration of IP addressing throughout ASG
* New Kernel and Base System - Provides 64-bit support, massively increased hardware compatibility, and better performance
* Country Blocking - Deny communications to/from any combination of countries and/or regions
* Web Application Security - A new subscription has been added to our protection portfolio which protects your web servers from modern attacks, hackers, viruses and data theft
* Flash-Based Reporting - Reporting data can be displayed via animated charts which add strong visual representations to how the data is presented
* WebAdmin Rights & Roles - Let multiple administrators or auditors share duties by separating access permissions; for example giving someone the ability to work only with the Mail Quarantine
* Configuration Change Tracking - Aid compliance and accountability efforts by identifying what was changed by an administrator on a forensic level
* Printable Configuration - Save the contents of the entire system as an XML file to aid compliance efforts and record keeping
* New Online Help - Improved layout coupled with new feature set updates this reference to be faster and more useful in retrieving information on demand
* VPN Remote Access Reporting - Displays usage graphs for the various types of user connections, along with historical data for examining session information
* WebAdmin Menu Search - Instantly filter the menu to show sections of WebAdmin based on a search query box; great for locating an option or feature quickly
* Web Content Filter Override - Allow configured users and groups to bypass URL filtering block pages by providing credentials and entering a reason, all of which can be tracked using new override reports
Up2Date 8.001 Released. August 13, 2010
The first Up2Date package for the new Astaro Security Gateway Version 8 is ready for distribution. Version 8 has enjoyed significant popularity in the past month, with thousands of new and existing customers experiencing V8's features and stability.
You will find 8.001 available for install via Up2Date on your installation. Mainly a bug fix release, this package will enhance the stability and operation of ASG V8, and addresses an issue with Unix time affecting certificates. Read on for the full details of this Up2Date.
This release fixes some bugs with how Web Application Security handles connections for protection of Outlook Web Access servers, optimizing that communication.
We have also adjusted the very popular Country Blocking to ensure traffic can flow to essential Astaro Internet resources (Eg. RED provisioning servers, global email scanning repositories etc.) so that your blocking choices won't interfere with ASG operations. In addition, some other bugs were addressed and some hardware glitches for our software users and their platforms of choice were solved.
Astaro RED (Remote Ethernet Device) is the easiest and most affordable way to secure your branch offices. You can centrally configure it via an Astaro Security Gateway located at your headquarter which automatically distributes the configuration to the Astaro RED appliance. By forwarding all traffic to the central Astaro Security Gateway, Astaro RED provides complete UTM security even for your smallest remote or home office. In contrast to standard security appliances Astaro RED not only provides stronger security but also slashes the total cost of ownership by 80% as there's no need for technical skill or ongoing maintenance at the remote site.
On addressing the Unix Time issue:
ASG uses certificates for different purposes (such as for each user that is created) and CAs (certificate authorities) for signing the certificates mentioned before. When performing the initial setup, some CAs as well as the admin certificate are generated.
When passing a certain point in time the theoretical end-date for our certs and CAs is beyond 19 January 2038 which will cause trouble to the system as the end-date of a cert/CA must not be before the start-date.
*System will be rebooted.
*Configuration will be updated.
*HTTP Proxy cache will deleted.
-This Up2Date should be applied before end of August 2010
- Added: HTML rewriting in Web Application Firewall.
- Fixed: Country based blocking can no longer block essential ASG functionality.
- Added exceptions for spam scanning servers, ACC, notification smarthost, NTP servers, and SNMP trap sinks.
: UNIX Epoch ends in 9999 days, so certificates cannot last longer
 ASG does not use ESMTP for "Skip TLS negotiation hosts"
 WAF disabled in predefined reverse proxy profiles
 No successful boot with Perc H200
 Country Blocking blocks essential services
 GRUB fails to install properly on some HP servers
: Bridge interface gets unresponsive after change of IP addresses
: ASG 625a with versions 8 and 8.001 recognizing NIC order wrong
: Setting system time forward causes WebAdmin to get unresponsive for a while
For the ASG 8.0 Release Notes click
More @up2date.astaro and Astaro RED (Remote Ethernet Device)
Aug 20, 2010
| Recent Blog Posts
Technisch consultant. Per direct beschikbaar in de regio Zuid-Holland. |
Sat, Mar 8th 2014 6:05p John Willemse
Prospects technisch adviseren
Producten kunnen implementeren bij klanten
Telefonisch en on-site technisch support leveren
Functie ongeveer 40% binnen en 60% buiten
Naast mijn werkwijze die inventief en creatief is in het vinden van oplossingen neem ik ook een dosis kennis mee die ingezet kan worden om de kantoorautomatisering zoals (hard- en software) migratie- en upgrades te waarborgen in project vorm.
Competenties en vaardigheden:
Service en ondersteuning
Coör [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Running Sophos UTM Firewall Release 9.200-11 on VMware ESX |
Thu, Mar 6th 2014 4:42p John Willemse
We just did an upgrade to Firmware version:
9.200-11 Release notes: UTM 9.200 Soft-Released (02-26-2014) @astaro.org
Update to 9.200:
• Web: New UI policy model
• Mail: SPX encryption support
• Mail: DLP support
• Network: Botnet/C&C traffic detection and blocking
• Network: Major IPS performance improvements
• Authentication: Dual-factor authentication with OATH TOTP
• WAF: Authentication support
& [read] Keywords: notes
FRITZ!OS: New Firmware 6.04 |
Fri, Feb 21st 2014 5:42p John Willemse
We just did an upgrade to FRITZ!OS 6.04.
Important: This firmware is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360 International Edition
-Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box. Please check for important information here: http://www.avm.de/en/Sicherheit
- added Dialplan for New Zealand
New with FRITZ!OS 6:
- Wireless LAN Guest Access new a [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Sophos UTM Up2Date 9.109001 package |
Fri, Feb 21st 2014 5:03p John Willemse
We just did the upgrade.
Up2Date 9.109001 package description:
RPM packages contained:
Manual Downloads and MD5s can be found at Index of /UTM/v9/up2date/ http://ftp.astaro.de/UTM/v9/up2date/
Free Sophos UTM Home Edition
Our Free Home Use Firewall [read] Keywords: application
ESXi 5.5. Build Number: 1474528 |
Thu, Feb 20th 2014 10:03a John Willemse
Upgrade gedaan naar build 1474528.
7 jan. 2014 - ESXi550-201312001.zip. Build: 1474528 1474526 (Security-only).
More @kb.vmware.com 2063795 [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Firmware Update FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360. (FRITZ!OS 6.03) |
Thu, Feb 13th 2014 5:42p John Willemse
A new FRITZ!OS 06.03 is available for your FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360.
Download FRITZ!OS 06.03 @ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7340/firmware/english/
• Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box. Please check for important information here: http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3
New with FRITZ!OS 6:
• Wireless LAN Guest Access new as "private hotspot"
• Ready for vectoring
• Parental control with shared budget [read] Keywords: blogSphere
CentOS alert CESA-2014:0159. Kernel Update. |
Thu, Feb 13th 2014 5:02p John Willemse
We just upgraded OTAP to Centos 6.5 Kernel 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.x86_64
CentOS alert CESA-2014:0159 (kernel)
CentOS Errata and Security Advisory 2014:0159 Important
Red Hat Security Security Advisory. RHSA-2014:0159-1
Updated kernel packages that fix multiple security issues and several bugs are now available for Red Ha [read] Keywords: notes
Badkey on 64 Bit CentOS 6 Linux and Domino 9 Social Edition |
Sat, Feb 8th 2014 5:25p John Willemse
CentOS is een Linuxdistributie voor serversystemen. CentOS is gebaseerd op Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Red Hat levert met RHEL een commercieel besturingssysteem voor professionele omgevingen, met bijbehorende ondersteuningscontracten. Omdat Red Hat RHEL onder de GPL moet uitbrengen, is de broncode eveneens beschikbaar. Daar maakt CentOS gebruik van om een vrije serverdistributie te publiceren. Verschillende andere distributies maken zelf weer gebruik van CentOS om specialistische Li [read] Keywords: domino
Sophos UTM Up2Date 9.108023 package |
Sat, Feb 8th 2014 3:45p John Willemse
We just did an upgrade to Sophos UTM Firmware Up2Date 9.108023 package
Up2Date 9.108023 package description:
System will be rebooted
Configuration will be upgraded
Connected REDs will perform firmware upgrade
Reduce lifetime of WebAdmin certificate to 39 months to comply with future browser requirements
Also reduce lifetime of https-scanning certificate to 39 months
Support SHA-2 algorithm for SSL VPN authentication
Remove RC4 from WebA [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Notes Traveler 9.0.1 Interim Fix 3 (IF3) |
Sat, Feb 8th 2014 3:25p John Willemse
IBM Notes Traveler
What is IBM® Notes® Traveler ?
"No charge, push email software for IBM Notes users"
What's new in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1
Adaptive Initial Sync
Adaptive Initial Sync (AIS) is a new feature in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1 that helps ensure server availability in certain situations, such as bringing a server online or recovery scenarios.
MobileIron support for Android devices
Organizations using MobileIron to manage their mobile applications will now be able to [read] Keywords: domino