Important: This firmware is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170 (Annex A).
Product: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170
New Features: - Online-Monitor informs about internet connection, data transfer and online time
- general improvements in the user interface
Changes in 58.04.82: - Internet: NEW: Online-Monitor informs about internet connection, data transfer and online time
- Internet: option to disconnect internet connection manually (expert mode)
- Internet: removed PPPoE pass through
- System: Improved remote access and WLAN connectivity for iPhone, Nokia E71 and Android devices
- System: extended TR-064-interface
- System: removed possibility to configure separate LANs for the ethernet ports in user interface
- Telephony: automatically delete message answering machine messages after forwarding via eMail (expert mode)
- Telephony: improved wizards for "telephony devices" and "numbers"
- Telephony: transition from combined fixed line and DSL connection to All-IP connection simplified
- Telephony: improved fax interoperability (T.38)
- Telephony: improved audio quality (MOS)
- USB/NAS: display available USB storage space in the USB device overview
- USB/NAS: display technical detail information about USB storage devices in the USB device overview (mouseover)
- USB/NAS: improved USB performance
- USB/NAS: optimised power saving options with Samsung, Western Digital and Seagate hard drives
- WLAN: faster availability of the WLAN module after changes in the user interface
Changes in 58.04.78: - DSL: optimized behavior in case of transmission errors. On certain lines this now triggers a DSL reconnect to avoid an invalid state
- Telephony: removed area code configuration for countries that no longer have area-codes
- Internet: fixed a bug in the webinterface, that prevented manual PVC configuration for one provider
Changes in 58.04.76: - DSL: improved DSL-driver for better interoperability
- DSL: possibility to send feedback about the DSL-line directly from within the FRITZ!Box
- Internet: Child protection improved
- Internet: improved compatibility for SetTopBoxes (RTSP)
- System: Improved security for the web-interface
- System: Improved UPnP-communication
- Telephony: added supported Codecs (clearmode)
- Telephony: SIP-proxy added (IP-telephones can now directly connect to the FRITZ!Box)
- Telephony: divert incoming anonymous calls depending on the number that is being called
- Telephony: multiple fax numbers can forward the received faxes to different email-adresses
- USB: Spindown for USB harddrives to reduce energy consumption
Changes in 58.04.67: - DSL: improved DSL-driver for better interoperability
- Internet: improved routing performance; possiblity to define custom prioritization rules for applications or computers
- Internet: NEW! integrated VPN for secure connections through the internet. professional via IPSec
- USB Host: NEW! USB-network storage; USB-memory or USB-harddrives connected to your FRITZ!Box can be used in the local network (SMB)
- USB Host: NEW! USB devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can now be forwarded to a computer in the network, allows the use of printers or even scanners on every computer in your local network
- USB Host: NEW! FRITZ!Musikbox - share music-files from a usb device with compatible devices in your local network (UPnP-AV)
- System: support for Wake on LAN via new and improved network-overview
- System: HTTPS-remote access with individual certificates
- System: NEW! Assistant for a simplified installation
- System: NEW! Notification if no password for the webinterface has been configured
- System: NEW! push-service; schedule regular status reports via email
- System: NEW! Eventlog now documents access or changes in the userinface if password is activated
- Telephony: NEW! integrated answering-machine, records incoming calls and forwards recording via email
- Telephony: NEW integrated fax-machine, receive faxes without the need of a dedicated fax-machine and (optionally) forward them via email
- Telephony: Setup of telephony-devices has been optimised
- Telephony: improved fax interoperability
- Telephony: simplified possiblity to block anonymous calls
- Telephony: added snooze to alarm function
- WLAN: WDS (Wireless Distribution System) improved
- WLAN: improved WLAN-monitor
Changes in 58.04.57: - Telephony: Improved emergency call handling
Changes in 58.04.56: - DSL: Support for seamless rate adaption
- System: Optimized compatibility towards different network-providers
Changes in 58.04.47: - DSL: Further optimized DSL driver
- USB Host: Improved support for USB devices
- System: Comprehensive display of current FRITZ!Box energy consumption levels
- System: Further improved power efficiency through load-dependent adjustment of processor clock
- System: Increased error tolerance through change of IP fallback address 169.254.1.1
- Internet: Stability of the FRITZ!Box in intensive use further improved
Please note that some features are only accessible in Expert Mode (menu System/Expert Mode).
To determine if your FRITZ!Box hardware is type "Annex A" or "Annex B" consult the sticker on the base plate of the device.
To carry out the firmware update:
1) Open your Internet browser and enter the address "fritz.box" or "192.168.178.1"
2) Select the menu "System" and then the sub-menu "Firmware Update".
3) Use the "Browse ..." button to enter the appropriate path to the update file.
4) Click the "Update" button.
To recover the storage space on your hard drive, you can delete the update file after
you have carried out the update.
� AVM GmbH 2004-2010. All rights reserved.
This firmware package consists of files which are distributed under different
license terms, in particular under AVM proprietary license or under any Open
Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public
License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt"
(ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/license.txt). The source
code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request
Under all AVM intellectual property rights, AVM grants the non-exclusive right
to personally use this AVM firmware package which is delivered in object code
format only. Licensee shall olny be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved
for personal backup purposes (backup copy). AVM reserves all intellectual
property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without the prior written
approval of AVM and except to the extent as may be expressly authorised under
mandatory law, this AVM firmware package in particular
- shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available
- shall not be modified, disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled or
otherwise "be opened" in whole or in part, and insofar shall not be copied,
distributed or otherwise made publicly available.
New features in VMware vSphere 5.5 (2058665)
Wed, Oct 23rd 2013 3:42p John Willemse New features in VMware vSphere 5.5 (2058665)
VMware vSphere® 5.5 Release Notes Updated on: 14 OCT 2013
VMware vSphere 5.5 introduces many new features and enhancements to further extend the core capabilities in the vSphere platform.
This article provides a summary list of new features and capabilities in vSphere 5.5, including vSphere ESXi Hypervisor, VMware vSphere High Availability (vSphere HA), virtual machines, VMware vCenter Server, storage networking, and vSphere Big Data Exten [read] Keywords: notes
Microsoft Exchange 2013 SCL level configuration
Fri, Sep 20th 2013 2:02p John Willemse Exchange 2013 SCL level configuration
This was simple in Exchange 2013, now its a pain. SCL stands for Spam Confidence Level, with 9 being no doubt 100% a spammy email and 0 being 100% a valid email.
We have 4 SCL commands;
SCL delete threshold – we specify when we delete an email.
SCL reject threshold - we specify when we reject an email into the organization.
SCL quarantine threshold – we specify when we quarantine an email for inspection by an admin.
SCL Junk Emai [read] Keywords: admin
Firewall Sophos UTM 9.104017 Up2Date
Mon, Aug 19th 2013 2:22p John Willemse We just did an upgrade to Sophos UTM v.9.104017, Firmware Up2Date package.
Fixed: DNS server remote DoS vulnerability (CVE-2013-4854)
Fixed: Several issues with RED and Wifi stability
Fixed: Several issues with Web Protection reporting
Fixed: Several issues with IPv6 Prefix Delegation
Fixed: Missing entries in the Japanese Localization
Added: Button to reset UTM ID to be able to use Endpoint Protection on cloned machines
Changed: RED/VPN up/down notificati [read] Keywords: agent