Important: This firmware is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170 (Annex A).
Product: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170
New Features: - Online-Monitor informs about internet connection, data transfer and online time
- general improvements in the user interface
Changes in 58.04.82: - Internet: NEW: Online-Monitor informs about internet connection, data transfer and online time
- Internet: option to disconnect internet connection manually (expert mode)
- Internet: removed PPPoE pass through
- System: Improved remote access and WLAN connectivity for iPhone, Nokia E71 and Android devices
- System: extended TR-064-interface
- System: removed possibility to configure separate LANs for the ethernet ports in user interface
- Telephony: automatically delete message answering machine messages after forwarding via eMail (expert mode)
- Telephony: improved wizards for "telephony devices" and "numbers"
- Telephony: transition from combined fixed line and DSL connection to All-IP connection simplified
- Telephony: improved fax interoperability (T.38)
- Telephony: improved audio quality (MOS)
- USB/NAS: display available USB storage space in the USB device overview
- USB/NAS: display technical detail information about USB storage devices in the USB device overview (mouseover)
- USB/NAS: improved USB performance
- USB/NAS: optimised power saving options with Samsung, Western Digital and Seagate hard drives
- WLAN: faster availability of the WLAN module after changes in the user interface
Changes in 58.04.78: - DSL: optimized behavior in case of transmission errors. On certain lines this now triggers a DSL reconnect to avoid an invalid state
- Telephony: removed area code configuration for countries that no longer have area-codes
- Internet: fixed a bug in the webinterface, that prevented manual PVC configuration for one provider
Changes in 58.04.76: - DSL: improved DSL-driver for better interoperability
- DSL: possibility to send feedback about the DSL-line directly from within the FRITZ!Box
- Internet: Child protection improved
- Internet: improved compatibility for SetTopBoxes (RTSP)
- System: Improved security for the web-interface
- System: Improved UPnP-communication
- Telephony: added supported Codecs (clearmode)
- Telephony: SIP-proxy added (IP-telephones can now directly connect to the FRITZ!Box)
- Telephony: divert incoming anonymous calls depending on the number that is being called
- Telephony: multiple fax numbers can forward the received faxes to different email-adresses
- USB: Spindown for USB harddrives to reduce energy consumption
Changes in 58.04.67: - DSL: improved DSL-driver for better interoperability
- Internet: improved routing performance; possiblity to define custom prioritization rules for applications or computers
- Internet: NEW! integrated VPN for secure connections through the internet. professional via IPSec
- USB Host: NEW! USB-network storage; USB-memory or USB-harddrives connected to your FRITZ!Box can be used in the local network (SMB)
- USB Host: NEW! USB devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can now be forwarded to a computer in the network, allows the use of printers or even scanners on every computer in your local network
- USB Host: NEW! FRITZ!Musikbox - share music-files from a usb device with compatible devices in your local network (UPnP-AV)
- System: support for Wake on LAN via new and improved network-overview
- System: HTTPS-remote access with individual certificates
- System: NEW! Assistant for a simplified installation
- System: NEW! Notification if no password for the webinterface has been configured
- System: NEW! push-service; schedule regular status reports via email
- System: NEW! Eventlog now documents access or changes in the userinface if password is activated
- Telephony: NEW! integrated answering-machine, records incoming calls and forwards recording via email
- Telephony: NEW integrated fax-machine, receive faxes without the need of a dedicated fax-machine and (optionally) forward them via email
- Telephony: Setup of telephony-devices has been optimised
- Telephony: improved fax interoperability
- Telephony: simplified possiblity to block anonymous calls
- Telephony: added snooze to alarm function
- WLAN: WDS (Wireless Distribution System) improved
- WLAN: improved WLAN-monitor
Changes in 58.04.57: - Telephony: Improved emergency call handling
Changes in 58.04.56: - DSL: Support for seamless rate adaption
- System: Optimized compatibility towards different network-providers
Changes in 58.04.47: - DSL: Further optimized DSL driver
- USB Host: Improved support for USB devices
- System: Comprehensive display of current FRITZ!Box energy consumption levels
- System: Further improved power efficiency through load-dependent adjustment of processor clock
- System: Increased error tolerance through change of IP fallback address 169.254.1.1
- Internet: Stability of the FRITZ!Box in intensive use further improved
Please note that some features are only accessible in Expert Mode (menu System/Expert Mode).
To determine if your FRITZ!Box hardware is type "Annex A" or "Annex B" consult the sticker on the base plate of the device.
To carry out the firmware update:
1) Open your Internet browser and enter the address "fritz.box" or "192.168.178.1"
2) Select the menu "System" and then the sub-menu "Firmware Update".
3) Use the "Browse ..." button to enter the appropriate path to the update file.
4) Click the "Update" button.
To recover the storage space on your hard drive, you can delete the update file after
you have carried out the update.
� AVM GmbH 2004-2010. All rights reserved.
This firmware package consists of files which are distributed under different
license terms, in particular under AVM proprietary license or under any Open
Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public
License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt"
(ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/license.txt). The source
code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request
Under all AVM intellectual property rights, AVM grants the non-exclusive right
to personally use this AVM firmware package which is delivered in object code
format only. Licensee shall olny be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved
for personal backup purposes (backup copy). AVM reserves all intellectual
property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without the prior written
approval of AVM and except to the extent as may be expressly authorised under
mandatory law, this AVM firmware package in particular
- shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available
- shall not be modified, disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled or
otherwise "be opened" in whole or in part, and insofar shall not be copied,
distributed or otherwise made publicly available.
Wed, Aug 20th 2014 12:05p John Willemse Upgrade in de OTAP gedaan naar versie 0.7.18
Latest Version: 0.7.18 — Released: 06-JUL-2014
The Badkey Team
http://beknown.com/john-willemse [read] Keywords: blogSphere
CESA-2014:0981 Important CentOS 6 kernel Update
Wed, Aug 20th 2014 11:45a John Willemse We just upgraded OTAP to Centos 6.5 Kernel 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6
Thu Jul 31 19:57:06 UTC 2014
[CentOS-announce] CESA-2014:0981 Important CentOS 6 kernel Update
The Badkey Team
http://beknown.com/john-willemse [read] Keywords: blogSphere
FRITZ!OS: New Firmware 6.05
Thu, May 29th 2014 1:48p John Willemse A new FRITZ!OS 06.05 is available for your FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360. You are currently using FRITZ!OS version 06.04.
For information about the new features included in the new FRITZ!OS, go to:
Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box. Please check for important information here: http://www.avm.de/en/Sicherheit
added Dialplan for New Zealand
New with FRITZ!OS 6:
Wirel [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Heartbleed Security Bug fixes for VMware
Sun, Apr 20th 2014 5:05a John Willemse 19 April, 2014.
It seems to be patch Saturday as today a whole bunch of updates of products were released. All of these updates relate to the heartbleed security bug fix. There is no point in listing every single product as I assume you all know the VMware download page by now, but I do want to link the most commonly used for your convenience:
VMware vCenter Server 5.5 U1a
VCVA 5.5 U1a
VMware vCenter Server 5.5c
ESXi KB:VMware ESXi 5.5, Patch ESXi550-201404420-SG
ESXi KB:VMware E [read] Keywords: blogSphere
Sophos UTM Up2Date 9.201023 package
Thu, Apr 10th 2014 4:46p John Willemse We just did the upgrade.
System Version: Sophos UTM 9.200-11
Official 9.2 GA Release - update from 9.200. Fix: OpenSSL vulnerability: TLS heartbeat read overrun (CVE-2014-0160)
Fix : vpn site2site overwiev is missing ipsec respondOnly connections
Fix : Object Changelog PopUp can not be closed in IE9
Fix : [BETA] RED50 reconnects all the time
Fix [29419&rsq [read] Keywords: agent