|Latest 7 Posts
| IBM Domino 9.0.1.Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 2 Available for Download on IBM Fix Central|
Fri, Apr 21st 2017 157
| Panagenda ApplicationInsights for IBM Notes Domino - Transform the Bits and Bytes of your Notes Databases into Meaningful Information!|
Wed, Apr 12th 2017 7
| Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 1 Available for Download on IBM Fix Central|
Mon, Apr 10th 2017 8
| IBM NewWayToLearn 2017 starting April 17th|
Mon, Apr 3rd 2017 6
| Replay IBM Presents the IBM Notes Domino Roadmap and a Deep Dive into Feature Pack 8|
Thu, Mar 30th 2017 6
| SSJS Editor intermittently fails to open in Domino Designer 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8|
Fri, Mar 17th 2017 8
| IBM New Way to Learn 2017 - Installing Browser Dependencies in XPages Applications|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 9
| IBM Domino 9.0.1.Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 2 Available for Download on IBM Fix Central|
Fri, Apr 21st 2017 157
| IBM Domino and IBM Notes 9.0.1 FP7 available for download on IBM Fix Central|
Tue, Sep 13th 2016 37
| IBM Notes Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List and New Features|
Sat, Jan 28th 2017 27
| Bootstrap Plugins in XPages Part IV - Awesome Bootstrap Checkbox|
Mon, Apr 4th 2016 16
| Using the Bootstrap 3 DateTime Picker Plugin including Moment.js and Locales in XPages|
Wed, Jun 3rd 2015 15
| IBM Client Application Access 1.0.1 (ICAA) Enhancements|
Sun, Jun 26th 2016 14
| How To Delete Documents in a View using a LotusScript Agent|
Mon, Nov 14th 2016 14
| Notes Domino 9.0.2 and Notes Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7|
Sat, Jul 30th 2016 13
| Update IBM Notes Domino Fix Pack 6 - IBM Notes Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 6 Release Notice|
Fri, May 13th 2016 12
| IBM Presents the Notes Domino Application Modernization Plan|
Wed, Feb 1st 2017 12
||IBM Notes Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List and New Features
Beginning with 9.0.1 FP8, fix packs have been renamed to feature packs. To ensure quality, these feature packs still have a high focus on addressing high impacting defects. Where possible, these features are optional enabled to minimize risk. The same packaging, architecture and install kits used in previous fix packs remain in use for feature packs.
The IBM Notes Domino Preliminary Fix List for Feature Pack 8 can be found here.
- NBP replaced with ICAA - There is no NBP (Notes Browser Plugin) shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This has been replaced with ICAA (IBM Client Application Access). For more information, see IBM Client Application Access V1.0.1 documentation
- Notes Client on Linux - There is no Notes client for Linux shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This client platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to Windows or Mac.
- Domino Server on Linux32 and AIX32 - There is no Domino Server for Linux32 and AIX32 shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This server platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to the 64-bit platforms. Windows 32 bit remains a shipped and support platform.
- Windows Server 2016 Support - (SPR #SVROAEPS4R)
New Features in IBM Domino 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
The documentation in Knowledgebase will be updated with these new features to coincide with the ship date of 9.0.1 FP8
Optionally Move Views outside of NSF for Increased data store in NSF
This feature is useful for large databases and provides the following benefits:
A smaller database file size, to avoid reaching the 64GB limitation.
Faster database backup and restore.
Better performance by allowing concurrent access to database and views.
Java Upgrade to 1.8.
The Java run time environment provided with Domino has been upgraded to Java JRE version 1.8 to provide you with access to the latest features.
Optionally Increase Document Summary Data (SPR #AKNX64TLRS APARID: LO04193)
You can increase the document summary data limit on Notes 9 databases to 16MB from 64K. (The size limit for a single field remains 32 K.)
Add support for ADFS 3.0 and update the corresponding Cookbook instructions for configuration.
Optionally Add Show Options: "Group By Date" And "Beginning Of Message", To Desktop Policy Settings (SPR #JSTN98BP3T APARID: LO75595)
Administrators can add the notes.ini setting EnableGroupByDate=1 on mail servers to enable the Show > Group By Date option in all mail files.
Optionally Retain MIME formatting when forwarding or replying to internet messages
A notes.ini setting is now available for Notes Standard clients to retain MIME message formatting when users reply to or forward messages received from the internet. Without this setting, MIME messages are converted to Notes Rich Text which can cause some MIME formatting to be lost.
Optionally Enable displaying internet addresses in mail and calendar documents
You can enable internet addresses rather than Notes addresses to display in the Notes client mail and calendar. For example, display firstname.lastname@example.org rather than Samantha Daryn/Renovations@Renovations. To enable this feature, add the following setting to the notes.ini file on a Notes client $INETADDRESSFIXUP=1
9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List descriptions
- CSYL9VBRVE (LO84524) - Fix an issue where calendar updates do not update the notes invitee's calendar If autoprocessing is enabled.
- GMAA7YUHGZ (LO47397) - Allow users the option to disable password history.
- +KGEW7QNV85 (LO39186) - Fixed a problem where Notes is unable to send an internet email message if the address is enclosed in single-quotes. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
- BBSZAB5DFH (LO89375) - Fix an issue where a vaulted NSL user is not able to get new keys when public key checking is enabled.
- +KBRNAEMPX2 (LO90491) - Fix a threading mismatch issue resulting in problems with cluster replication on Linux64/zLinux64 systems. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- MJBC9EBVCN (LO78311) - Fix an issue where new documents are lost when compact -REPLICA is running in a mail database.
- ALSR8ZZR5J (LO72622) - Fix an LDAP search authentication issue with special characters.
- MJTMA8J3MU (LO88473) - Fix a server crash issue.
- +MKIN9Z6S5D (LO89583) - Fix an intermittent database issue preventing users from opening a database resulting in the following error "This database is currently in use by another person or process, and cannot be accessed at this time". This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- ARBQ9Q5HR9 (LO82463) - Fix an issue where messages sent from clients to external recipients will move addresses from the CC field to the TO field on replies.
- ADONADJUDF (LO90147) - Fix an issue with the dialog prompting "How Do You Want To Open This File?" when opening a jpg or bmp file.
- JGRN84PJJF (LO45099) - Fix intermittent client crashes using the Notes Client together with OLE apps.
- GFAL9V7UQ2 (LO84501) - Fix the error "Your Public Key Does Not Match The One Stored In The Address Book" when the user's person document has been updated with their new public key but not the local/vaulted ID file.
- PEDSA7QK9P (LO87584) - Fix an issue where the Notes Client SSO connection expires after the user's IBM notes client is left inactive for some time.
- AYAVACYBSJ (LO90045) - Fix an issue where an XML attachment is rendering as part of the message body.
- +RGAUADUM59 (LO90248) - Fix duplicate attachment icons when using LS embedobject to attach files to a notesrichtextitem. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- XNTCADK4VX (LO90168) - iNotes: Fix issue in Chrome 53 causing no response after clicking any item in Show menu.
- +MBLTADSK8M (LO90227) - Fix a problem resulting in "formula error" and failure to log on to iNotes if the server locale is non-English, e.g. German. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- +KRAUADZLLH (LO90288) - Fix the ActiveX control pop-up when the file attachment utility is disabled. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- VTMHAH8Q8P (LO091213): Meetings created in iNotes using OS timezone Brasilia are off by 2 hours
Jan 28, 2017
| Recent Blog Posts
IBM Domino 9.0.1.Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 2 Available for Download on IBM Fix Central|
Fri, Apr 21st 2017 6:40a Johnny Oldenburger
IBM Domino 9.0.1.Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 2 is available for wownload on IBM Fix Central. A vulnerability in the IBM Domino server IMAP EXAMINE command potentially could be exploited by an authenticated user resulting in a stack buffer overflow. This could allow a remote attacker to execute code with the privileges of the Domino server. Current 64-bit platforms leverage ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) which dramatically reduces the probability of rogue code execution. Conversely, Win
Panagenda ApplicationInsights for IBM Notes Domino - Transform the Bits and Bytes of your Notes Databases into Meaningful Information!|
Wed, Apr 12th 2017 12:20p Johnny Oldenburger
Starting April 11, 2017, customers who are current on IBM Software Subscription and Support (S&S) for Domino Enterprise Server, Utility Server, or Dual Entitlement with Applications will be entitled to panagenda ApplicationInsights at no cost. See below for important details pertaining to this offering. ApplicationInsights is an offering from panagenda that allows customers to get a detailed analysis of their application landscape in IBM Domino. ApplicationInsights provides key analysis to
Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 1 Available for Download on IBM Fix Central|
Mon, Apr 10th 2017 5:17a Johnny Oldenburger
Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 1 is available for download from IBM Fix Central. Below the Fix List. Notes 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Interim Fix 1 can be downloaded through this link.
IBM NewWayToLearn 2017 starting April 17th|
Mon, Apr 3rd 2017 9:11a Johnny Oldenburger
New Way to Learn is a comprehensive program of enablement for IBM Business Partners to get the skills and experience they need to be successful delivering, supporting and designing solutions on IBM's Collaboration Solutions platforms. In addition to the more than two hundred sessions delivered in 2015 and 2016 there will be another 122 sessions starting on 17th April. For more information: NewWayToLearn is coming by Alan Hamilton. Last year I participated as an IBM Champion to this great IB
Replay IBM Presents the IBM Notes Domino Roadmap and a Deep Dive into Feature Pack 8|
Thu, Mar 30th 2017 9:04p Johnny Oldenburger
On March 28th a very interesting webinar was organized by T.L.C.C and Team Studio, IBM Presents the Notes/Domino Roadmap and a Deep Dive into Feature Pack 8, by Barry Rosen (IBM), Adam Kesner (IBM), Martin Donnelly (IBM) and Brian Gleeson (IBM). For those who missed this webinar below the content, slides and video. This webinar encompasses two sessions presented at IBM Connect 2017. Adam Kesner and Barry Rosen from IBM review the latest updates on Notes/Domino and discuss the future directions a
SSJS Editor intermittently fails to open in Domino Designer 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8|
Fri, Mar 17th 2017 5:48p Johnny Oldenburger
In case you missed it, there is a problem in the Domino Designer after installing Feature Pack 8. Below the description of IBM Support. An intermittent problem has been introduced in Domino Designer 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 that causes a failure when opening the SSJS editor. This problem affects only applications that contain a managed bean. This issue is being tracked as SPR LHEYAKBJSQ. As a workaround, users can perform a full clean/rebuild of the application and then use the SSJS editor. Note: T
IBM New Way to Learn 2017 - Installing Browser Dependencies in XPages Applications|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 6:59p Johnny Oldenburger
New Way to Learn is a comprehensive program of enablement for IBM Business Partners to get the skills and experience they need to be successful delivering, supporting and designing solutions on IBM's Collaboration Solutions platforms. Last year I participated as an IBM Champion to this great IBM program with a webinar on Bootstrap Plugins in XPages. This year I will return with a session on installing browser dependencies in XPages Applications using Node, Git Source Tree and bower / bower inst
IBM Presents the IBM Notes Domino Roadmap and a Deep Dive into Feature Pack 8|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 6:55p Johnny Oldenburger
On March 28th a very interesting webinar will be organized by T.L.C.C and Team Studio, IBM Presents the Notes/Domino Roadmap and a Deep Dive into Feature Pack 8, by Barry Rosen (IBM), Adam Kesner (IBM), Martin Donnelly (IBM) and Brian Gleeson (IBM). The registration for this webinar is not yet available on the T.L.C.C website. Content Webinar Join us as IBM presents the plan for IBM Notes and Domino. This webinar will encompass two sessions presented at IBM Connect 2017! Adam Kesner and Barry
XPages Tip: Hide Elements from Printing on an XPage using CSS|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 6:37p Johnny Oldenburger
For an XPages project I was asked whether it was possible to print only the viewPanel on an XPage and not all other elements such as an iframe and a widgetContainer by making use of a print button with a simple window.print() function. A good practice in this case is to use a style sheet specifically for printing and and set it's media attribute to print. Using the CSS @media rule it is very easy to initially add a class 'no-print' with display:none !important. This class can then be used
IBM Notes Tip: Export Data to Excel (CSV) using LotusScript Agents|
Mon, Mar 13th 2017 9:55a Johnny Oldenburger
During the past period I received several questions how to export all Notes data corresponding to a specific Notes Form to Excel (CSV) using a LotusScript Agent. In the example below a possible solution to export all data associated with a specific Notes Form to Excel using a LotusScript agent. In the second example a possible solution to export all data from all forms in the Notes database to Excel using a LotusScript agent. For each form a separate Excel file will be created. A. LotusScript A