199 Lotus blogs updated hourly. Who will post next? Home | Blogs | Search | About 
 
Latest 7 Posts
Quick tip: moving an Eclipse project to another folder
Fri, Feb 17th 2017 2
VOP: Mail database is not ready
Thu, Feb 16th 2017 4
IBM Connect 2016 musings from remote
Wed, Feb 3rd 2016 4
IBM Connect 2016: some intersting reviews
Tue, Feb 2nd 2016 5
XPages on IBM Bluemix - working with wrong ID file
Sun, Jan 31st 2016 3
Image processing using JaxaXT in a Notes / Domino Agent
Thu, Dec 3rd 2015 5
Limitations with multiple instances of XPages applications on IBM Bluemix
Mon, Jul 20th 2015 10
Top 10
Extract Top-Level-Domain from a URL
Thu, May 8th 2014 22
Limitations with multiple instances of XPages applications on IBM Bluemix
Mon, Jul 20th 2015 10
Domino OSGi Tasklet Services - some useful links
Sat, Sep 14th 2013 8
How to overcome Domino Webservice Timeout issues
Thu, Jun 5th 2014 7
Apply Java Permissions to Domino Agents at runtime
Tue, Mar 17th 2015 6
Getting started with XPages on IBM Bluemix - part I
Sat, Jul 18th 2015 6
Domino Web Services SSL Error - Keyring file not found
Thu, Nov 28th 2013 5
iNotes calendar control - a good example to get started
Sat, Nov 16th 2013 5
XPages iNotes Calendar control - Events oddities
Fri, Nov 15th 2013 5
Image processing using JaxaXT in a Notes / Domino Agent
Thu, Dec 3rd 2015 5


How to overcome Domino Webservice Timeout issues
Twitter Google+ Facebook LinkedIn Addthis Email Gmail Flipboard Reddit Tumblr WhatsApp StumbleUpon Yammer Evernote Delicious
   

Many of you might be aware of the restriction described here. I was not, and it caused me and my colleague quite some time to investigate, and fix this. Additionally, it caused us a lot of pain, because this issue increased the pressure on our project. So this might be relevant to some of you too...

So this is the story: We had a very annoying issue with a Domino WebService Consumer which was running in a timeout (almost all the time). As with many other projects the WebService was running fine in our Development environment. In both, our Integration as well as our Production Environment, the WebService always ran into the following error:

Error while reading data from server, Network operation did not complete 
in a reasonable amount of time; please retry

You have experienced this yourself too, don't you? Obviously, the amount of data in our development system was a lot smaller than in the integration and production environment. This is why the issue did not occur in our DEV system. But why the heck does the WebService stop at all??

After quite some research and opening a PMR we were pointed into te right direction:
The default Web Service Timeout is set to 60 seconds. It is a hard coded limitation, IBM seems not to be willing to fix this. To overcome the issue you have to be smarter than me and set the timeout on each WebService consumer individually at runtime. You can do this by calling the setTimeout() function of the WebService and pass the number of miliseconds.

More details can be  found in APAR LO48272: WEBSERIVCE CONSUMER BREAKS THE CONNECTION AFTER 60 SECONDS



---------------------
http://www.mruhnau.net/2014/06/how-to-overcome-domino-webservice.html
Jun 05, 2014
8 hits



Recent Blog Posts
2
Quick tip: moving an Eclipse project to another folder
Fri, Feb 17th 2017 7:47a   Michael Ruhnau
I am restructuring some projects on my local machine. Usually I don't want to touch a running project but since I have the opportunity to use an internal Bitbucket server now at my workplace I also want to have all my local project source files on one location. So this is how I moved the project source files to another location on my local machine: Open Eclipse and go to the Package Explorer
4
VOP: Mail database is not ready
Thu, Feb 16th 2017 12:47p   Michael Ruhnau
We have been running an IBM Verse on Premise (VOP) pilot in our company for quite some time now. We started last year with the beta version of IBM Verse and upgraded toi the Gold version a couple of weeks ag. After the upgrade, I had an issue opening my inbox. The following error message occured: Checking the underlying REST calls brought up this: The REST call to retrieve the inbox




Created and Maintained by Yancy Lent - About - Planet Lotus Blog - Advertising - Mobile Edition