193 Lotus blogs updated hourly. Who will post next? Home | Blogs | Search | About 
 
Latest 7 Posts
Quick tip: moving an Eclipse project to another folder
Fri, Feb 17th 2017 12
VOP: Mail database is not ready
Thu, Feb 16th 2017 8
IBM Connect 2016 musings from remote
Wed, Feb 3rd 2016 7
IBM Connect 2016: some intersting reviews
Tue, Feb 2nd 2016 10
XPages on IBM Bluemix - working with wrong ID file
Sun, Jan 31st 2016 8
Image processing using JaxaXT in a Notes / Domino Agent
Thu, Dec 3rd 2015 8
Limitations with multiple instances of XPages applications on IBM Bluemix
Mon, Jul 20th 2015 12
Top 10
Extract Top-Level-Domain from a URL
Thu, May 8th 2014 23
How to overcome Domino Webservice Timeout issues
Thu, Jun 5th 2014 15
Limitations with multiple instances of XPages applications on IBM Bluemix
Mon, Jul 20th 2015 12
Quick tip: moving an Eclipse project to another folder
Fri, Feb 17th 2017 12
IBM Connect 2016: some intersting reviews
Tue, Feb 2nd 2016 10
DOTS: Logging to server console and log.nsf (part2)
Tue, Nov 19th 2013 8
Image processing using JaxaXT in a Notes / Domino Agent
Thu, Dec 3rd 2015 8
XPages on IBM Bluemix - working with wrong ID file
Sun, Jan 31st 2016 8
VOP: Mail database is not ready
Thu, Feb 16th 2017 8
Domino Web Services SSL Error - Keyring file not found
Thu, Nov 28th 2013 7


Domino Web Services SSL Error - Keyring file not found
Twitter Google+ Facebook LinkedIn Addthis Email Gmail Flipboard Reddit Tumblr WhatsApp StumbleUpon Yammer Evernote Delicious
   

Today I came across a strange behaviour on our Domino (R9.0.1) server.
We have a database with a web service consumer. This Web Service consumer is used by a schedules background agent. The Web Service makes calls to a third party system using https.
The Domino Web Server is configured using Internet Site documents. All https traffic and calls to the server worked perfectly fine from the evry beginning.
Whenever the web service is called, the following error is thrown on the server console:

Error 4746 Web Service XXXXXXXX method XXXXX error 
Error connecting to 'xxxxx.xxxxx' on Keyring file not found

 So there seems to be something wrong with SSL certificates. After some time of trial and error with some more HTTP server restarts I found two helpful ressources on Google:

IBM Technote LO47722: "SSL ERROR: KEYRING FILE ACCESS ERROR" ON WEBSERVICE CONSUMER US ING INTERNET SITE DOCUMENTS

and a thread in the good, old notes.net IBM DeveloperWorks forum:
HTTPS Web Service - SSL Error: Keyring file not found

Both describe the exactly same scenario as used here. The solution is that in both places, the Internet Site as well as the Server document the specified SSL certificate must match. In general I think this makes perfectly sense. However, as soon as you enable "Load Internet configurations from ServerInternet Sites documents"

in the server document, you cannot specify the SSL certificate in the server doc anymore. What I had to do is temporarily turn this setting off, specify the correct SSL certificate and turn it on again. This is the bit that confused me here. The setting in the server document seems to be used for requests issued by the server itself (i. e. web service consumers).

To make a long story short: 
Make sure you have the same SSL certificates specified both in the server doc and the Internet site document.




---------------------
http://www.mruhnau.net/2013/11/domino-web-services-ssl-error-keyring.html
Nov 28, 2013
8 hits



Recent Blog Posts
12
Quick tip: moving an Eclipse project to another folder
Fri, Feb 17th 2017 7:47a   Michael Ruhnau
I am restructuring some projects on my local machine. Usually I don't want to touch a running project but since I have the opportunity to use an internal Bitbucket server now at my workplace I also want to have all my local project source files on one location. So this is how I moved the project source files to another location on my local machine: Open Eclipse and go to the Package Explorer
8
VOP: Mail database is not ready
Thu, Feb 16th 2017 12:47p   Michael Ruhnau
We have been running an IBM Verse on Premise (VOP) pilot in our company for quite some time now. We started last year with the beta version of IBM Verse and upgraded toi the Gold version a couple of weeks ag. After the upgrade, I had an issue opening my inbox. The following error message occured: Checking the underlying REST calls brought up this: The REST call to retrieve the inbox




Created and Maintained by Yancy Lent - About - Planet Lotus Blog - Advertising - Mobile Edition