3. Lotusphere beat Mat Newman in round one, but he came back with a knockout punch in round 2 (even if he did try to blame me)
4. Darren Duke did not permanently ruin any of my favorite songs at Kimonos this year.. thanks Darren
5. Never having eaten a Pretzel Cookie myself I am not sure I get the obsession, though until this year I though they were universally loved, now I know otherwise.
6. In a bar at 1:30 in the morning Paul Mooney is evil.
7. After a terrific year last year the WiFi was terrible this year – the positive side of that I live blogged less than I planned and enjoyed the sessions more as a result.
8. Ask the Product Managers terrific again, good questions, some humor, and good information. Ask the Developers, not so much I have tired of this session and rarely go anymore (hint if you have a specific, in depth technical question visit the Meet the Developer labs all week, don’t save it for Thursday afternoon).
9. Way too many things happening at the same time during the week, you have to make tough decisions what to attend and what to skip.
10. Vendor showcase had a different feel this year, less shirts then ever before, but good to see some new faces, and a number of vendors exhibiting solutions for IBM Connections.
11. The Droid X battery held up well during the week with help from this, I learned this week that when the battery meter goes red there is still plenty of life left.
12. Great guest speakers this year Michael J Fox, Tim Berners-Lee, Dr. Burns from Childrens Hospital of Boston, Manoj Saxena GM of IBM Watson. It was all going so well until the closing session.
13. Always make time to spend in the Innovation Labs at Lotusphere, what they are showing this year in the Innovation Lab has a good chance of being a product/feature next year.
Sun, May 5th 2013 5:21p Mitch Cohen Survivor is the only reality TV show I watch. I have been watching it since it went on the air in 1998. Some seasons have been better than others, some of the survivors have been more fun to watch than others, but through the years for some reason I keep watching.
This morning we are celebrating real survivors, including my favorite survivor pictured here.
Feel free to support our team and raise money for Breast Cancer Research and Support here [read] Keywords:
Speaking at IamLUG
Tue, Apr 30th 2013 8:23a Mitch Cohen IamLUG is back in St Louis, MO next week and I will be there and be presenting. My Session is titled “Fast track users for IBM Smart Cloud for Social Business with Tivoli Directory Integrator“.
I will be showing how to use Tivoli Directory Integrator to provision your users in to IBM SmartCloud. In addition I will be covering the basics of Tivoli Directory Integrator, so if you are working with SmartCloud, IBM Connections Profiles, or have any other Directory Integration needs t [read] Keywords: connections
Farewell Google Reader – The “Free Problem”
Thu, Mar 14th 2013 8:15a Mitch Cohen Everyone loves Free products, but just look at the last few weeks/months here is a list of services or apps I use(d) that are going away
Tweetdeck (Air version)
There are others like Otixo which I used which transitioned from Freemium to paid, at which point I made a value judgement that it was not worth it to me to pay for that service. Ultimately you get what you pay for, and when you are not paying, you are simply hoping the free service you are us [read] Keywords: facebook
Oxford University Blocks Google Docs
Tue, Feb 19th 2013 6:15a Mitch Cohen This story caught e eye this morning, Oxford University made a decision to block Google Docs on the campus network at least temporarily for security reasons. You can read the article for why Oxford made this decision, the key though is how they say Google’s response (or lack thereof) to Phishing attacks running in Google Docs
Unfortunately, you then need to wait for them to take action. Of late that seems typically to take a day or two; in the past it’s been much longer, sometimes on [read] Keywords: email