3. Lotusphere beat Mat Newman in round one, but he came back with a knockout punch in round 2 (even if he did try to blame me)
4. Darren Duke did not permanently ruin any of my favorite songs at Kimonos this year.. thanks Darren
5. Never having eaten a Pretzel Cookie myself I am not sure I get the obsession, though until this year I though they were universally loved, now I know otherwise.
6. In a bar at 1:30 in the morning Paul Mooney is evil.
7. After a terrific year last year the WiFi was terrible this year – the positive side of that I live blogged less than I planned and enjoyed the sessions more as a result.
8. Ask the Product Managers terrific again, good questions, some humor, and good information. Ask the Developers, not so much I have tired of this session and rarely go anymore (hint if you have a specific, in depth technical question visit the Meet the Developer labs all week, don’t save it for Thursday afternoon).
9. Way too many things happening at the same time during the week, you have to make tough decisions what to attend and what to skip.
10. Vendor showcase had a different feel this year, less shirts then ever before, but good to see some new faces, and a number of vendors exhibiting solutions for IBM Connections.
11. The Droid X battery held up well during the week with help from this, I learned this week that when the battery meter goes red there is still plenty of life left.
12. Great guest speakers this year Michael J Fox, Tim Berners-Lee, Dr. Burns from Childrens Hospital of Boston, Manoj Saxena GM of IBM Watson. It was all going so well until the closing session.
13. Always make time to spend in the Innovation Labs at Lotusphere, what they are showing this year in the Innovation Lab has a good chance of being a product/feature next year.
2014 IBM Champion
Mon, Dec 9th 2013 8:10a Mitch Cohen Last week the 2014 IBM Champions for Collaboration Solutions were announced. I am honored to have been selected again along with 86 other deserving champions.
Thank you to anyone who might have nominated me and to the selection committee.
Now would also be a good time to welcome Oliver Heinz who was recently appointed as the new ICS community Manager. [read] Keywords: collaboration
My Google Reader Replacement(s)
Wed, Jun 26th 2013 5:47a Mitch Cohen After Google announced the shutdown of Google Reader in March I went through a period of denial, surely Google would change their mind. By mid May I realized I better start looking for alternatives, and with less than a week to go until Google Reader shuts down I think I have settled on my replacements.
I check my RSS feeds on my PC, Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII), and on my iPad. Having them all in sync is probably the most important feature to me. After trying a few alternatives her [read] Keywords: apple
Bad Marketing or Clever Spam?
Fri, Jun 7th 2013 6:40a Mitch Cohen This morning I arrived in my office to find an envelope waiting for me on my desk. Physical mail of any sort is a rarity at the office these days, let alone a hand addressed envelope from someone I don’t know.
Curiosity made me open it and look inside where I found this
Note the custom URL with my name.
NO I did not type that in to a browser and I have no plans on doing so, but it leaves me wondering is this a terrible attempt at marketing something, which missed in both credibility an [read] Keywords: email
Sun, May 5th 2013 5:21p Mitch Cohen Survivor is the only reality TV show I watch. I have been watching it since it went on the air in 1998. Some seasons have been better than others, some of the survivors have been more fun to watch than others, but through the years for some reason I keep watching.
This morning we are celebrating real survivors, including my favorite survivor pictured here.
Feel free to support our team and raise money for Breast Cancer Research and Support here [read] Keywords:
Speaking at IamLUG
Tue, Apr 30th 2013 8:23a Mitch Cohen IamLUG is back in St Louis, MO next week and I will be there and be presenting. My Session is titled “Fast track users for IBM Smart Cloud for Social Business with Tivoli Directory Integrator“.
I will be showing how to use Tivoli Directory Integrator to provision your users in to IBM SmartCloud. In addition I will be covering the basics of Tivoli Directory Integrator, so if you are working with SmartCloud, IBM Connections Profiles, or have any other Directory Integration needs t [read] Keywords: connections