3. Lotusphere beat Mat Newman in round one, but he came back with a knockout punch in round 2 (even if he did try to blame me)
4. Darren Duke did not permanently ruin any of my favorite songs at Kimonos this year.. thanks Darren
5. Never having eaten a Pretzel Cookie myself I am not sure I get the obsession, though until this year I though they were universally loved, now I know otherwise.
6. In a bar at 1:30 in the morning Paul Mooney is evil.
7. After a terrific year last year the WiFi was terrible this year – the positive side of that I live blogged less than I planned and enjoyed the sessions more as a result.
8. Ask the Product Managers terrific again, good questions, some humor, and good information. Ask the Developers, not so much I have tired of this session and rarely go anymore (hint if you have a specific, in depth technical question visit the Meet the Developer labs all week, don’t save it for Thursday afternoon).
9. Way too many things happening at the same time during the week, you have to make tough decisions what to attend and what to skip.
10. Vendor showcase had a different feel this year, less shirts then ever before, but good to see some new faces, and a number of vendors exhibiting solutions for IBM Connections.
11. The Droid X battery held up well during the week with help from this, I learned this week that when the battery meter goes red there is still plenty of life left.
12. Great guest speakers this year Michael J Fox, Tim Berners-Lee, Dr. Burns from Childrens Hospital of Boston, Manoj Saxena GM of IBM Watson. It was all going so well until the closing session.
13. Always make time to spend in the Innovation Labs at Lotusphere, what they are showing this year in the Innovation Lab has a good chance of being a product/feature next year.
CloudGOO – combine all of your cloud storage into one drive
Fri, Mar 28th 2014 3:11p Mitch Cohen I installed CloudGOO on my Android phone today (they say an iOS version is in the works), I love the idea of showing all my cloud based files across different services as if they were all together on one big drive. CloudGOO also supports automatic upload where you can specify which service to use, or let CloudGOO decide based on the space you have available.
CloudGOO [read] Keywords: google
Pley – The Netflix of LEGO
Tue, Mar 25th 2014 8:10a Mitch Cohen My friend Daniel tweeted this link to me this morning about Pley, the “Netflix of LEGO” where you can borrow and return LEGO sets. My first reaction was “That is Brilliant”, my second reaction was “until I have to return a set and spend hours searching the house to figure out where the kids lost all the pieces” [read] Keywords: twitter
IBM Connect 2014 By the Numbers
Thu, Feb 6th 2014 12:16p Mitch Cohen Here is a quick look back at IBM Connect 2014 by the numbers
I felt like I did not take that many pictures this year, as I left the big camera behind most of the time and stuck with my phone, at the end of the week I somehow ended up with 2251 pictures between my phone and camera.
Here is my Flickr Collection for IBM Connect 2014
Everyone knows you walk, and walk, and walk at IBM Connect here were my Steps per day as tracked by my Fitbit One
Sunday – 18,428
Monday ̵ [read] Keywords: ibm
The 2014 Lotusphere Closing Ceremony
Thu, Feb 6th 2014 11:10a Mitch Cohen Yes it is called IBM Connect now, and the Closing General Session wraps up around 4:30 in the afternoon, but the true closing session takes place many hours later when Mat Newman finally removes his badge (well has his badge removed). The honor this year was given to Amanda Bauman.
The 2013 Lotusphere Closing Ceremony [read] Keywords: ibm
Live Blogging at IBM Connect
Fri, Jan 24th 2014 7:11a Mitch Cohen I will be live blogging (or at least trying) once again from IBM Connect. For now I plan on live blogging 2 sessions, though I might add more later on.
Monday January 27th 7:45 AM IBM Connect 2014 Opening General Session
Thursday January 30th 11:15 AM Ask the Product Managers
My full blogging and speaking schedule is available on my IBM Connect 2014 page, and visit the IBM Connect Livestream page for live coverage [read] Keywords: ibm
Some useful Amazon S3 Tools
Fri, Jan 17th 2014 9:33a Mitch Cohen I find myself using Amazon S3 for storage more and more these days. Yes I have a Dropbox account, and a Box account (and probably a Copy account too). There are times that I need a little more space then I have available in Dropbox and among other things I have been using Amazon S3 to give my self a little extra space as needed.
What is Amazon S3 you ask this is a quick explanation
Here are some tools I have found useful working with my files in S3
Android: S3Anywhere Free and Pro version [read] Keywords: apple
Holes I Need Holes
Thu, Jan 16th 2014 12:12p Mitch Cohen (Yes the post title is a Seinfeld reference see below)
One of my cardinal rules in life is ABC (Always Be Charging). I like to keep my devices charged, and you can usually find me with a spare battery of some sort on me when I am out and about. Much as I have tried to avoid Kickstarter, last year The Practical Meter caught my eye and I backed the project.
I have been playing with it for some time now, and it is definitely helpful in making sure that when speed matters devices are charging [read] Keywords: application