3. Lotusphere beat Mat Newman in round one, but he came back with a knockout punch in round 2 (even if he did try to blame me)
4. Darren Duke did not permanently ruin any of my favorite songs at Kimonos this year.. thanks Darren
5. Never having eaten a Pretzel Cookie myself I am not sure I get the obsession, though until this year I though they were universally loved, now I know otherwise.
6. In a bar at 1:30 in the morning Paul Mooney is evil.
7. After a terrific year last year the WiFi was terrible this year – the positive side of that I live blogged less than I planned and enjoyed the sessions more as a result.
8. Ask the Product Managers terrific again, good questions, some humor, and good information. Ask the Developers, not so much I have tired of this session and rarely go anymore (hint if you have a specific, in depth technical question visit the Meet the Developer labs all week, don’t save it for Thursday afternoon).
9. Way too many things happening at the same time during the week, you have to make tough decisions what to attend and what to skip.
10. Vendor showcase had a different feel this year, less shirts then ever before, but good to see some new faces, and a number of vendors exhibiting solutions for IBM Connections.
11. The Droid X battery held up well during the week with help from this, I learned this week that when the battery meter goes red there is still plenty of life left.
12. Great guest speakers this year Michael J Fox, Tim Berners-Lee, Dr. Burns from Childrens Hospital of Boston, Manoj Saxena GM of IBM Watson. It was all going so well until the closing session.
13. Always make time to spend in the Innovation Labs at Lotusphere, what they are showing this year in the Innovation Lab has a good chance of being a product/feature next year.
Speaking at IBM ConnectED 2015
Tue, Dec 16th 2014 2:03p Mitch Cohen IBM ConnectED 2015 is a little over a month away and it is shaping up to be a busy week for me. Here are my sessions looking forward to seeing you there.
Scott Souder and I will attempt to answer all your questions about IBM Verse
MAS102: Mail As You’ve Never Imagined It Before: IBM Verse
At a time when organizations are striving to be more efficient, we are faced with an overwhelmingly large volume of email that outpaces productivity. But IBM is changing all of this by re-imagining what [read] Keywords: collaboration
IBM Updates on SHA-2 and POODLE
Tue, Oct 21st 2014 8:50a Mitch Cohen Two new Technotes have been published
How is IBM Domino impacted by the POODLE attack?
The Short version it is and IBM will provide Interim Fixes for the following Domino releases:
9.0.1 Fix Pack 2
8.5.3 Fix Pack 6
8.5.2 Fix Pack 4
8.5.1 Fix Pack 5
Planned SHA-2 deliveries for IBM Domino 9.x
The Short version
SHA-2 support for Domino 9.x is planned to be delivered over the next several weeks via an Interim Fix.
With this Interim Fix, Domino administrators will be able to configure Domin [read] Keywords: domino
IBM Domino , Google, and SHA-1
Tue, Sep 23rd 2014 1:32p Mitch Cohen There is a lot of talk these days about Google’s decision to accelerate the deprecation of SHA-1, and IBM Domino’s lack of support for SHA-2 . Right off lets get this straight IBM absolutely should have plans to add SHA-2 support in Domino and an implementation date should be communicated ASAP. At the same time the pressure should really be on Google to back down from what is an arbitrary deadline they announced out of the blue, and to support the previously announced 2017 date [read] Keywords: domino
IBM Notes Traveler and support for iOS8
Tue, Sep 9th 2014 7:05a Mitch Cohen If you support an IBM Notes Traveler environment this question should be on your mind
Looks like good news if you are reasonably current in your Traveler environment. We have had a beta device connected to a 9.0.1 IF4 Traveler server and it worked with out any issue, I know I will be watching closely when Apple releases iOS8 to make sure everything keeps working.
See the technote fo the Full Q&A including updates on Traveler Companion and To Do .
Nice job by IBM getting this document pu [read] Keywords: ibm
IBM SmartCloud rebranding to IBM Connections Cloud
Wed, Sep 3rd 2014 1:02p Mitch Cohen We heard last January at IBM Connect that the IBM Collaboration Solutions would all be rebranded under the IBM Connections name. IBM SmartCloud for Social Business is no exception and will be changing later in September.
IBM SmartCloud Engage Advanced
IBM Connections Cloud S1
IBM SmartCloud Engage Standard
IBM Connections Cloud S2
IBM SmartCloud iNotes
IBM Connections Web Mail Cloud
IBM SmartCloud Archive Essentials
IBM Connections Archive Essentials Cloud [read] Keywords: collaboration
Making Two Factor Authentication (even) easier
Thu, Aug 7th 2014 7:01a Mitch Cohen If you pay attention to the news you know you should be protecting your accounts with strong unique passwords, and two factor authentication wherever it is supported. Two factor authentication improves your security by requiring (as the name implies) as second piece of information to authenticate which is usually a number generated by an app on your phone or received via text or email. A while ago I posted this tip to make two factor authentication a little easier, now I want to follow that [read] Keywords: email
Nominations are Open for the IBM Mail Next Design Advisory Program
Wed, May 28th 2014 6:03a Mitch Cohen Interested in IBM Mail Next? Want a voice in shaping the product? Nominate yourself to participate in the Design Advisory Program for Mail Next.
You need to be an IBM SmartCloud Notes Customer, or a Business Partner with a SmartCloud Demo Account to participate.
Kramer Reeves: IBM Mail Next – Design Advisory Program – Open for Nominations!
IBM Design Advisory Program for IBM Mail Next – Nomination Form [read] Keywords: ibm