|Latest 7 Posts
| IBM Verse on Premises 1.0.2 available|
Wed, Aug 30th 2017 4
| IBM Webcast: JUMP Session: Domino Crash & Performance|
Thu, Aug 24th 2017 4
| Apache - Redirect based on IP tables|
Thu, Aug 17th 2017 6
| Sync database quotas between servers|
Mon, Aug 14th 2017 4
| IBM Connections 5.5 CR3 upgrade issue|
Wed, Aug 9th 2017 5
| IBM Connections Engagement Center V6.0|
Tue, Jul 25th 2017 8
| Performance problems on Apache Reverse Proxy|
Fri, Jul 21st 2017 3
| IBM Connections 4.5 CR5 available|
Tue, Aug 5th 2014 30
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 available|
Wed, Apr 16th 2014 17
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fixpack 3 available |
Wed, Jan 21st 2015 13
| Error "Overflow" in IBM Notes Standard Client|
Wed, Mar 19th 2014 11
| Resolve synchronisation issues after upgrade to IBM Notes Traveler 188.8.131.52|
Tue, Jul 18th 2017 11
| COMPACT -REPLICA CAUSE LOSS OF DATA IF USER MODIFY DURING COMPACT|
Mon, Aug 8th 2016 10
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Release Notice|
Fri, Jan 27th 2017 10
| IBM Sametime: Updated security certificate for Push Notifications (iOS)|
Fri, Jun 13th 2014 9
| IBM Connections - Default settings for size limits|
Thu, Oct 30th 2014 9
| Generating a keyring file with a third party CA SHA-2 cert using OpenSSL and KYRTool on a Windows workstation|
Mon, Jan 19th 2015 9
||IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
March 27, 2014
IBM has identified important Notes/Domino SPRs to be fixed in the latest Fix Pack release, 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1. This notice serves as the Preliminary Fix List. All fixes in this Fix Pack have been selected through our Triage process of high impacting customer requested bug fixes and are currently undergoing testing. IBM reserves the right to remove any fix from this targeted release if it does not pass quality engineering tests. Please consider this information to be provisional. Do not base irreversible business decisions on this information until the Fix Pack has been officially released.
The Notes/Domino Fix List website on developerWorks will show you the status of this Fix Pack on the Upcoming Releases tab. This preliminary Release Notice will be updated to include a more descriptive explanation of the problem and fix, where applicable. Also, a link to the technote and regression information will be provided.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- NNBN9CCQXZ - Fixes issues that prevents a users from subscribing to feeds from Media Galleries
- PALT8WXPLQ - Fixes an issue in function NSFItemConvertValueToText that would return the length up until NULL and not the entire length. if a NULL character was found in the middle of a rich text field
- BJHW97BRN2 - Fixes issue when using Windows 7/8-64 bit and Internet Explorer 10 where Mailto: functionality errors with "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed properly"
- +TAIA9A52V5 - Fixes the 2AM data purge logic to no longer always expect a handle to a cluster database so that non-clustered R&R servers can now purge old entries out of busytime. This is a regression in 9.0.
- +CSYL9DG26X - Fixes issue where iCal PUBLISH events were not being converted properly by the Domino router. This conversion issue resulted in the inability for the end user to add the event to their Notes/Domino calendar. This is a regression in 9.0
- +WWHN95SM48 - Fixes Domino Server hang on shutdown when there is an abnormal termination of Mmc.Exe. This is a regression from 8.5.3 FP3
- TTAN95TLQS - Fixes issue opening an iCal invitation the error message "Database already contains a document with this UNID" (technote 1648411)
- KMUR7HNKAH - Fixes Domino Server crash on IMAP task with PANIC: OSBBlockAddr: Bad BBlock handle (7B0000) when there are a large set of documents to fetch (technote 1650301)
- WWHN972KZR - Fixes Domino Server crash with Panic: Semaphore Invalid Or Not Allocated After Recovery Manager: Log File Is Full.
- PPOR92UMM6 - Fixes issue when sending SMTP over SSL with: SSL handshake error: 1C7Bh and SSL bad peer certificate. This error occurs when an SSL implementation does not send the CA DN list during the certificate request phase. This fix allows the process to proceed. To revert to the old behavior, enable Notes.ini SSL_STRICT_V3=1. The default behavior is 0 or off.
- +VPRS99XQ3L - Fixes Domino Server Crash on Sgmlparser::terminateparse when Data URL support is enabled. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1653683)
- KHAN8L8W59 - Fixes issue that could result in a new profile document getting created in a user mail file with the server name as the owner. This would occur creating a new replica from one machine to another machine. This fix adds logic to prevent this condition and maintain the correct profile document.
- JSTN8AALGW - Fixes Domino Server Crash with FTGGetLastIndexTime/GetIndexDir that only occurs when Fast Restart is enabled (technote 1654140)
- SODY9DDBD5 - Fixes issue where IBM Domino applets will no longer work in browsers running a JVM at or beyond version 1.7u51. (technote 1662233)
- +SDOY8SSNU7 - Fixes iNotes issue with Windows 7 or Windows 8 where Send File as Attachment doesn't work when using language choice of French. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- NKEY9DCQP8 - Notes web: Fixes error when using Notes web with Firefox 26 where if multiple mail tabs are opened in Notes web, the tabs are blank and the iNotes error message "A problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail" is received. (technote 1659371)
- HPXG9A4C36 - Fixes issue in iNotes using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, where when previewing messages, user is always prompted to install iNotes Control, even though it was already installed.
- +YBJH9EWB3K - Fixes issue where on Internet Explorer Name lookup does not work if the enter key is pressed after Chinese characters are input in the To, CC, or BCC fields. This is a regression in 9.0.1
- SMAA9C9K9E - Fixes issue where after a user marks iNotes as default, a second user will not be able to mark iNotes as default (make default button is greyed out). This issue will also be seen if a user's primary mail server has changed, and the user now needs to access his mail file on a different server permanently
- +JFOR9CDSTY - Fixes issue when using Internet Explorer where opening dropdowns while composing a mail has a flash (text goes white, then shows again) in the message body area. This is a regression in 9.0.1.
Mar 28, 2014
| Recent Blog Posts
IBM Verse on Premises 1.0.2 available|
Wed, Aug 30th 2017 8:51a Rainer Brandl
IBM released the new version of IBM Verse on Premises including the following new features: Calendar Inbox Make better decisions when responding to calendar notices by viewing your calendar at the same time. The new Calendar Inbox organizes all your calendar notices in one convenient place. Preview attachments You can instantly view Microsoft™ Office, OpenOffice documents, and PDFs in Verse On-Premises. View documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in Microsoft Office binary formats such a
IBM Webcast: JUMP Session: Domino Crash & Performance|
Thu, Aug 24th 2017 7:31a Rainer Brandl
IBM arranges a webcast regarding Domino Crash & Performance issues: Abstract This session aims to differentiate crash from hang issues in Domino server and gathering of diagnostic data needed in troubleshooting. Join us for this interactive, educational, lively session. Topic: Domino Crash & Performance: Differentiating Crash vs Hang and How to collect Domino diagnostics data Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes Join the Web
Apache - Redirect based on IP tables|
Thu, Aug 17th 2017 1:49p Rainer Brandl
Some days ago I received the question of a customer, if it´s possible to use a Reverse Proxy to either redirect to an internal or an external server based on IP ranges. After some searches and help from Martin Leyrer ( thanks a lot for your suggestions ), I figured out the complete configuration file for this special customer. If you need some URL redirection/rewriting, feel free to use this code ( suggestions for better ways to accomplish this request are highly welcome ): ServerName serve
Sync database quotas between servers|
Mon, Aug 14th 2017 9:19a Rainer Brandl
Today I again had the issue, that Database Quotas have not been synced between IBM Domino Cluster servers. After some search, I found the following post: http://tippner.blogspot.co.at/2011/08/synchronizing-database-quotas.html I did some modifications in the code and ran the agent with the Server ID and scheduled the agent one time a day... So far it´s looking fine... You can download the database here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ebh3r0qh4hl6ft/sync_dbquotas.nsf?dl=0
IBM Connections 5.5 CR3 upgrade issue|
Wed, Aug 9th 2017 10:39a Rainer Brandl
Today I installed Connections 5.5 CR3 at customer site and followed the required steps here. I also followed the steps for creating the requested Dynacache for the Rich Text Editor: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22001580 As mentioned I created the Dynacache just for the RTE-Cluster and figured out, that this led to problems for all single cluster member. So I removed the setting for the RTE-Cluster and added it for the complete cell: After a restart of all cluster serve
IBM Connections Engagement Center V6.0|
Tue, Jul 25th 2017 8:52a Rainer Brandl
IBM announced the new IBM Connections Engagement Center V6.0 including the following functions: Increases employee engagement, communications, and collaboration by transforming the IBM Connections environment into a digital workplace hubProvides employees with personalized, easy access to content and resources, such as corporate news, relevant content, links to important resources, files, and events, with content drawn from Connections features already being used, such as blogs and wikis, as w
Performance problems on Apache Reverse Proxy|
Fri, Jul 21st 2017 6:35a Rainer Brandl
Yesterday I had massive performance troubles after going online with an Apache Reverse Proxy running on CentOS 6.9 for IBM Notes Traveler. The customer has about 1.250 users and approx. 1.650 devices. After some investigation and a great site, where the performance parameters are described very good: ( https://www.linode.com/docs/web-servers/apache-tips-and-tricks/tuning-your-apache-server ) I figured out, that the default configuration of the HTTP server was causing this issues, because the
Resolve synchronisation issues after upgrade to IBM Notes Traveler 184.108.40.206|
Tue, Jul 18th 2017 6:37a Rainer Brandl
IBM Notes Traveler 220.127.116.11 has the new feature to access the users mail server with the same rights as the user. But if you forget to add the IBM Notes Traveler server to the field "Trusted Servers" in the server document of the Mail Server, you receive the following errors: An exception occurred when opening database /user.nsf using user shortname CN=John Doe /O=IBM in order to retrieve changed documents. Exception information: Throw: TASK_PROFILE_OPEN_DB *** Content Adapter Exception *
Ephox Textbox.io 2.2 delivers the latest rich text editing capabilities for IBM Connections|
Fri, Jun 30th 2017 7:39a Rainer Brandl
Ephox Textbox.io 2.2 provides the latest rich text editing capabilities seamlessly integrated into IBM Connections™. Robust and reliable performance across browser platforms and devices sets Ephox Textbox.io apart from other editors. Ephox Textbox.io 2.2 is available for new users of Connections V5.5 and V6.0 as well as users who have active subscriptions. Features of TextBox.io 2.2 Rich content embedding when a URL is typed or pasted on a blank line. Links to rich content are replaced with
Wed, May 10th 2017 1:36p Rainer Brandl
Today I received a call from a customer where the inbox did not display any content at some users - but only in the Notes client, not in iNotes !! After some investigations I remembered, that I had this issue some months ago and found the following IBM technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21965120 So if you create a folder with and the first character of the folder is a space, this folder is displayed instead of the inbox and it seems, that the inbox is empty.