|Latest 7 Posts
| "Inbox empty"|
Wed, May 10th 2017 10
| Collaboration Solutions with IBM and Cisco: IBM Connections Cloud enterprise social network, cloud-based email, and calendaring solutions combine with communication capabilities of Cisco to redefine everyday work|
Tue, Apr 25th 2017 10
| "VARIANT DOES NOT CONTAIN A CONTAINER" APPEARS|
Wed, Apr 12th 2017 9
| Enforcing quotas on new mail or Calendar entry creation in local or server based mail files|
Mon, Apr 10th 2017 4
| IBM Domino 9.0.1 FP8 Interim Fix 1|
Sun, Apr 9th 2017 12
| Open Mic Webcast: IBM Domino Application Development Update|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 13
| IBM Sametime V9.0.1 extends support for services, tools, and selected entitlements|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 10
| Error "Overflow" in IBM Notes Standard Client|
Wed, Mar 19th 2014 23
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 available|
Wed, Apr 16th 2014 18
| IBM Connections - Default settings for size limits|
Thu, Oct 30th 2014 17
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fixpack 3 available |
Wed, Jan 21st 2015 17
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 available|
Tue, Mar 7th 2017 16
| Domino SAML authentication and ADFS certificate|
Tue, Jun 23rd 2015 14
| Open Mic Webcast: IBM Domino Application Development Update|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 13
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice|
Fri, Mar 28th 2014 12
| IBM Notes Traveler 18.104.22.168 available for download|
Thu, Aug 27th 2015 12
| IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Release Notice|
Fri, Jan 27th 2017 12
||IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Release Notice
March 27, 2014
IBM has identified important Notes/Domino SPRs to be fixed in the latest Fix Pack release, 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1. This notice serves as the Preliminary Fix List. All fixes in this Fix Pack have been selected through our Triage process of high impacting customer requested bug fixes and are currently undergoing testing. IBM reserves the right to remove any fix from this targeted release if it does not pass quality engineering tests. Please consider this information to be provisional. Do not base irreversible business decisions on this information until the Fix Pack has been officially released.
The Notes/Domino Fix List website on developerWorks will show you the status of this Fix Pack on the Upcoming Releases tab. This preliminary Release Notice will be updated to include a more descriptive explanation of the problem and fix, where applicable. Also, a link to the technote and regression information will be provided.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- NNBN9CCQXZ - Fixes issues that prevents a users from subscribing to feeds from Media Galleries
- PALT8WXPLQ - Fixes an issue in function NSFItemConvertValueToText that would return the length up until NULL and not the entire length. if a NULL character was found in the middle of a rich text field
- BJHW97BRN2 - Fixes issue when using Windows 7/8-64 bit and Internet Explorer 10 where Mailto: functionality errors with "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed properly"
- +TAIA9A52V5 - Fixes the 2AM data purge logic to no longer always expect a handle to a cluster database so that non-clustered R&R servers can now purge old entries out of busytime. This is a regression in 9.0.
- +CSYL9DG26X - Fixes issue where iCal PUBLISH events were not being converted properly by the Domino router. This conversion issue resulted in the inability for the end user to add the event to their Notes/Domino calendar. This is a regression in 9.0
- +WWHN95SM48 - Fixes Domino Server hang on shutdown when there is an abnormal termination of Mmc.Exe. This is a regression from 8.5.3 FP3
- TTAN95TLQS - Fixes issue opening an iCal invitation the error message "Database already contains a document with this UNID" (technote 1648411)
- KMUR7HNKAH - Fixes Domino Server crash on IMAP task with PANIC: OSBBlockAddr: Bad BBlock handle (7B0000) when there are a large set of documents to fetch (technote 1650301)
- WWHN972KZR - Fixes Domino Server crash with Panic: Semaphore Invalid Or Not Allocated After Recovery Manager: Log File Is Full.
- PPOR92UMM6 - Fixes issue when sending SMTP over SSL with: SSL handshake error: 1C7Bh and SSL bad peer certificate. This error occurs when an SSL implementation does not send the CA DN list during the certificate request phase. This fix allows the process to proceed. To revert to the old behavior, enable Notes.ini SSL_STRICT_V3=1. The default behavior is 0 or off.
- +VPRS99XQ3L - Fixes Domino Server Crash on Sgmlparser::terminateparse when Data URL support is enabled. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1653683)
- KHAN8L8W59 - Fixes issue that could result in a new profile document getting created in a user mail file with the server name as the owner. This would occur creating a new replica from one machine to another machine. This fix adds logic to prevent this condition and maintain the correct profile document.
- JSTN8AALGW - Fixes Domino Server Crash with FTGGetLastIndexTime/GetIndexDir that only occurs when Fast Restart is enabled (technote 1654140)
- SODY9DDBD5 - Fixes issue where IBM Domino applets will no longer work in browsers running a JVM at or beyond version 1.7u51. (technote 1662233)
- +SDOY8SSNU7 - Fixes iNotes issue with Windows 7 or Windows 8 where Send File as Attachment doesn't work when using language choice of French. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- NKEY9DCQP8 - Notes web: Fixes error when using Notes web with Firefox 26 where if multiple mail tabs are opened in Notes web, the tabs are blank and the iNotes error message "A problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail" is received. (technote 1659371)
- HPXG9A4C36 - Fixes issue in iNotes using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, where when previewing messages, user is always prompted to install iNotes Control, even though it was already installed.
- +YBJH9EWB3K - Fixes issue where on Internet Explorer Name lookup does not work if the enter key is pressed after Chinese characters are input in the To, CC, or BCC fields. This is a regression in 9.0.1
- SMAA9C9K9E - Fixes issue where after a user marks iNotes as default, a second user will not be able to mark iNotes as default (make default button is greyed out). This issue will also be seen if a user's primary mail server has changed, and the user now needs to access his mail file on a different server permanently
- +JFOR9CDSTY - Fixes issue when using Internet Explorer where opening dropdowns while composing a mail has a flash (text goes white, then shows again) in the message body area. This is a regression in 9.0.1.
Mar 28, 2014
| Recent Blog Posts
Wed, May 10th 2017 1:36p Rainer Brandl
Today I received a call from a customer where the inbox did not display any content at some users - but only in the Notes client, not in iNotes !! After some investigations I remembered, that I had this issue some months ago and found the following IBM technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21965120 So if you create a folder with and the first character of the folder is a space, this folder is displayed instead of the inbox and it seems, that the inbox is empty.
Collaboration Solutions with IBM and Cisco: IBM Connections Cloud enterprise social network, cloud-based email, and calendaring solutions combine with communication capabilities of Cisco to redefine everyday work|
Tue, Apr 25th 2017 1:54p Rainer Brandl
Today IBM announced the combination of the IBM Collaboration Solutions from the IBM Cloud with Cisco. http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/877/ENUSZP17-0013/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en Collaboration solutions from IBM® and Cisco bring together the key applications that workers need to be productive and effective: video, voice, unified communications, enterprise social networks, team collaboration, email, and calendar offerings. With the int
"VARIANT DOES NOT CONTAIN A CONTAINER" APPEARS|
Wed, Apr 12th 2017 1:27p Rainer Brandl
Today I received an email from a customer, where a user was not able to move a calendar appointment by opening the appointment and entering a different date/time. He was able to move the appointment by "Drag and Drop". The user was using IBM Notes 9.0.1 FP6 on Windows 10. You can easily get rid of this error by simply deactivating the option "Strict Date/Time input" like mentioned in the following TN: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1LO91474 After removing this set
Enforcing quotas on new mail or Calendar entry creation in local or server based mail files|
Mon, Apr 10th 2017 11:22a Rainer Brandl
Last week I had the request to obtain the quota on the mail file when creating local replicas. After some search, I found this NOTES.INI entry: Check_Quota_on_Mail_Create= http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21247798 This setting is not only used when creating local replicas, but also to check the quota when creating new mails !!
IBM Domino 9.0.1 FP8 Interim Fix 1|
Sun, Apr 9th 2017 8:04p Rainer Brandl
IBM released the first Interim Fix for IBM Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 including the following fixes: This fix is listed here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21657963 and can be downloaded from this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21657963#DominoDownloads
Open Mic Webcast: IBM Domino Application Development Update|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 4:20p Rainer Brandl
This presentation will focus on IBM's plans for the future of Domino as an application development platform. We will discuss IBM's plans for adding key functionality to Domino as well as ways to allow customers to modernize their applications for use via web and mobile devices. This presentation is key for anybody who uses Domino as an application development platform and is interested in modernizing their applications. After a presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our p
IBM Sametime V9.0.1 extends support for services, tools, and selected entitlements|
Tue, Mar 14th 2017 4:15p Rainer Brandl
Today IBM announced the extension of support for IBM Sametime V9.0.1 until September 2021. https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/877/ENUSZP17-0173/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en IBM® Sametime® extends support for V9.0.1 to September 2021. Support for the following associated entitlements is also extended to September 2021: IBM Sametime Complete IBM Sametime Conference IBM Sametime Communicate IBM Sametime is a robust communications offerin
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 available|
Tue, Mar 7th 2017 10:10p Rainer Brandl
Today IBM release the announced Feature Pack 8 with a lot of great new features: first of all there´s a separate download for the template of the Domino NAB and the Mail template on IBM Fix Central: Template Download Move views out of databases You can move views out of databases into separate view index files (.NDX files). This feature is useful for large databases and provides the following benefits: > A smaller database file size, to avoid reaching the 64GB limitation. > Faster da
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Release Notice|
Fri, Jan 27th 2017 10:20a Rainer Brandl
IBM released a preliminary release notice about all the new functions included in Feature Pack 8 - the whole list can be found here: Notes/Domino 901 FP8 Currently FP8 is in "Gold Canditate" state... But the most interesting features are: NBP replaced with ICAA - There is no NBP (Notes Browser Plugin) shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This has been replaced with ICAA (IBM Client Application Access). For more information, see IBM Client Application Access V1.0.1 documentation Notes Client on Linux -
Open Mic Webcast: Configuring an IBM Domino Web Server to use Web federated Login (SAML)|
Thu, Jan 19th 2017 7:37a Rainer Brandl
IBM is offering an Open Mic Webcast about configuring SAML authentication on a IBM Domino Web Server. Abstract This procedure ensures that an IBM Domino Web server can participate in SAML-based single sign-on (SSO). The Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) standard allows a Domino server to trust an authentication assertion from a specified identity provider (IdP). After a presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our panel of experts questions. Throughout the event, a