Today we have added a very simple feature to XPages.info site. It provides an integrated search functionality to be used with browsers.
Here how to use it:
1. Open xpages.info site once. 2. Close your browser, reopen and at the address bar, start writing "xpages". Depending on how frequent you are using xpages.info, it will suggest the address in the bar. For me, "x" character is enough :)
3. Now you see a new instruction in the address bar: "Press Tab to search XPages". Do what it says :)
4. Press enter to see the search results related with your keyword:
1. Open xpages.info site. 2. Open Search Engine alternatives on the right and click "Add XPages.info" option.
3. Now XPages.info has been added to Firefox registered search engines. To use it more practically, Click "Manage Search Engines" here.
4. Select our search engine, click "Edit Keywords" and enter a new keyword like "xp" here. Click OK to close this dialog.
5. Now go to a new window and enter "xp dynamic content" into the address bar... Voila!
I couldn't find a similar way to do this in Internet Explorer 9. If you know, please comment :)
How we did it?
It's pretty easy! You need to add two things to your database. First an XML file definition for opensearch:
A Quick Question for Administrators...
Tue, Jun 10th 2014 6:14a Serdar Basegmez Just a quick question. Especially large domains have lots of users with the same full name. In modern directory systems, we can decrease the possibility of conflict by using hierarchical naming, however that will become an issue eventually, when you need to specify an e-mail address. I have seen that adding a number to the first or last name (John Smith , John 1 Smith, etc.) is highly popular. How do you handle people with the same name in your environment (e.g. Domino, AD, Connections, et [read] Keywords: connections
RIP Tim Tripcony...
Mon, May 12th 2014 1:55p Serdar Basegmez As many friends around, we are shocked and deeply saddened by unexpected loss of our own Tim Tripcony. Tim Tripcony was one of the most talented developers I have met... He inspired all of us by challenging all kinds of limits in our platform and finding really elegant patterns in various problems. He was always polite, helpful and positive with people. RIP, my friend. You'll be missed a lot. [read] Keywords:
E-mail will be dead... For some people...
Sat, Feb 22nd 2014 5:14a Serdar Basegmez Just an off-topic post, but can't help blogging about that. We are having bad times in our country. Summaries in English can be found here, here and here. Last two incidents are strongly related to very social context of our information and technology domain... Welcome to the remake of Orwell's 1984... The first is the change in the "Internet Bill", legal changes around monitoring and censorship. According to the bill, a government official, head of Turkey's telecommunication autho [read] Keywords: ibm
My previous blog post was ’Hot’!
Sat, Dec 7th 2013 2:47a Serdar Basegmez Yesterday, I have blogged about the renewal of my IBM Champion title. This morning I woke up with lots of notifications on my mobile. Apparently, my dear friend Bruce liked my blog post very much and he has posted it everywhere (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin Google Plus). The real surprise was on PlanetLotus waiting for me :) Wow! I must be really famous and people want to know about my happiness. Thank you all! :) OK I'm joking. Many of you know it but for those who are not aware of [read] Keywords: ibm