Based on this work I needed a function to convert a notesdatetime to a java timestamp.
I changed the getTimestamp method to
Function getTimestamp(dt As Variant) As String
Const EPOCH_DATE = "01/01/1970 00:00:00"
Const DT_TYPENAME= "NOTESDATETIME"
Dim epochDT As New NotesDateTime(EPOCH_DATE)
Dim tempDT As New NotesDateTime(Now)
If(TypeName(dt) = DT_TYPENAME) Then
tempDT.LSLocalTime = dt.Lslocaltime
tempDT.LSLocalTime = dt
getTimestamp = cstr(tempDT.TimeDifference(epochDT)) & "000"
I needed this function because I had to update a timestamp field in vpuserinfo.nsf
Fun with Xpages
Wed, Dec 18th 2013 10:09a Urs Meli I created a small XPage with only one link element inside. The URL is something like "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org".
Opening the page in a browser is boring, as it works like you would expect.
Opening the same page in XPINC, the fun began. After around 40 Internet Explorers had been opened, I had to shutdown my VM :-) [read] Keywords: xpages vm
Update to Notes 9.0.1 on Ubuntu 13.04 x64
Thu, Oct 31st 2013 6:10a Urs Meli According to this Link Ubuntu should be supported for 9.0.1. So I tried to upgrade my Notes 9.0 on ubuntu 13.04.
First I tried the smartupgrade.sh without success. Some dependency problems.
Next I changed the DEBIAN/CONTROLS file in the ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb file according to this link (Step 3).
The newly created ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb file installed fine. After that, all the other packages installed too.
Upgradeing was much easier than installing Notes 9.0 in the first place :- [read] Keywords: ibm
Fun with word 2013 - Calibri from hell
Wed, Aug 28th 2013 5:57a Urs Meli Exporting Data from Notes to Word seems to be an easy task. Filling the document. replacing some tags with data, formatting the document, creating the TOC.
Works fine, unless I try to save...... The default font is set back to Calibri, the padding changes... The whole layout just breaks....
First I thought, I broke something with my coding. I displayed the word document before I saved it. Everything is how it should be. Saveing the document, close word, reopen the document and the layout is [read] Keywords: notes
Traveler UP2 - connection errors
Wed, Mar 6th 2013 5:08a Urs Meli I tried to install Traveler UP2 some days ago.
I had a test server running Traveler UP1, which I upgraded.
After the upgrade I could register new devices (iphone and android) but they were unable to sync. The device log showed an error 500 http error.
The server console showed some longish severe error messages from traveler. Something about getDevicePreferences error.
The common reason for this error is a misstyped traveler url in the server document or the notes.ini, which in fact [read] Keywords: notes
Traveler - logging user activity - Part 1
Tue, Nov 20th 2012 5:08a Urs Meli Ever wondered that traveler does not provide any statistics about the user activities? Do you want to know how much data gots transmitted over your traveler server?
The statistics from the traveler task gives you just a brief overview but if you want to track a single user you are lost, are you?
There's a simple way to get the results. Do you remember DomLog.nsf ? If you enable Domlog.nsf on the traveler server every request gets logged.
I built a new view - traveler - in the domlo [read] Keywords: agent
Attachments - Thunderbird
Thu, May 10th 2012 3:09p Urs Meli Sometimes there are some small things that disrupt useability.
I use thunderbird for my personal mail accounts. I was very surprised, when I missed a little feature.
I tried to drag an attachment into a new mail as I'm used to do from Notes. I was very surprised, that this doesn't work. It's only a small thing, but it's anoying. [read] Keywords: notes
SPNEGO - SSO from Hell
Fri, Jan 27th 2012 5:10a Urs Meli Just during Lotusphere I got the message that our SPNEGO support stoppt working.
Right back from Orlando I checked everything in the troubleshooting guide . Nothing helped. No one did any changes to our dominos or to the active directory.
Wireshark revealed a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error, while authentication. So I lurked around the internet for this error without success. Some pages indicated, that it is a replication problem between domain controllers. But dcdiag.exe didn't find anything. [read] Keywords: domino