The SocialBiz catch all feed will no longer be posted to Planet Lotus.
If you would like to submit your SocialBiz blog to Planet Lotus please do so here: http://planetlotus.org/blog/blog-submission/
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll have to use a service like http://feed.informer.com to convert the Connections Atom feed to RSS.
Thank you Chris Whisonant for your research on this!
I’ve added favicons to the front page to liven up the branding of blogs. There is no override to this enhancement. If you see the default icon for your blog, do some searching of Googles favicon rendering service to troubleshoot.
In an effort to raise donations for my favorite charity I’m trading ad space on Planet Lotus for donations. All you need to do is make a donation directly to the charity and I’ll place your ad, any ad on the front page. The more you donate the higher your ad on the left hand navigation bar will be placed.
The PMC donates 100% of every rider-raised dollar to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. Founded in 1980, the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) is an annual bike-a-thon that today raises more money for charity than any other single event in the country.
- Ads will be in the form of 125/125px images stacked in the left hand navigation of the front page.
- Placement of the ad is determined by how much you donate, top ad = most donated. Dollar amounts will not be published.
- I will publish almost any ad image/URL. Promote your blog or your favorite product, site, etc. But please, NO animation.
- All ads come down on Sept. 30th.
- The ad image should be exactly 125px / 125px.
To buy an ad:
- Donate here: http://www.pmcdad.com
- Email me your ad image and URL along with the name you used to donate. email@example.com
- If you already donated to this years ride, do the same thing.
- Change of URL or image will require a second donation.
- Ads will be posted in batch at end of business day EST.
Thanks in advance for your consideration!
The forum is back online and awaiting your random post.
It never really took off as a community forum but served quite nicely as a way to authenticate people for myPL, events, downloads etc. O’yeah, and it loves spam, like it’s its job. I finally upgraded it to the latest release so hopefully the fine folks of SMF have figured that part out.
As always, enjoy!
PS other updates can be found at this shinny new blog…
I feel I made the correct choice last week. I was presented with a situation where a sensitive post was brought to my attention and I acted quickly in delisting the blog pending further investigation.
I’ve spent the last week reading everything I could and don’t believe the action warrants removal from this site.
I will go ahead and remove the 2 blogs that requested to be removed if said blog wasn’t removed.
The two blogs involved in the boycott of this site will be missed and I beseech both of you to reconsider.
Last week I was informed of a blog post that was said to contain information that could adversely affect programs that bloggers on PlanetLotus are a part of. I acted on that information, informed the author and delisted the blog pending further investigation.
The investigation is ongoing.
The complaints went beyond the single post, mentioning that the blog had become very negative for some time.
This negativity combined with the post mentioned above lead some bloggers to request their blogs be removed from PlanetLotus in protest.
I want to do what is best for the community and in the process establish some guidelines that will work in the future.
Please give me some time to read through the blog and get a feel for the extent of the negativity.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. If you feel this blog should be removed please take a stab at writing up that rule so that i may add it to the site for future possible occurrences.
10/16/2012 – Fixed a lot of mobile issues, thank you http://per.lausten.dk/blog/ for your help in finding / testing!
10/16/2012 – Fixed many areas that were still showing unpublished blogs, there is still work to be done there, but i’ll get there. Fixed Front Page, Search, Top Blogs so far.
8/21/2012 – Inflation, the ad at row 50 has moved up to row 35.
8/8/2012 – All myPL authentication will be moving from the forum to the blog, so become a subscriber today.
8/8/2012 – Deprecation of the forum has begone. All mention of it navigation has been removed.
8/7/2012 – Created this blog. The forum will be closing down soon and this will take it’s place.
The Planet Lotus Satellite has arrived. Copy and paste the following code in to your blog to get the most recent blog posts. The sizing and setup has been modeled after the IdeaJam.Net blog widget so as to not cause any clashes.
Preview it in action here.
Options are as follows:
Please feel free to send any Lotus blog that you feel adds value to the Lotus community. Please remember, the decision to post a blog rests with me, also, give me at least a week to process your request.
Things considered in posting blogs, taken from Planet Eclipse.org:
* Is the blog new? If so get an informal referral from an existing blogger.
* Is the feed written by a real person?
* Is the ratio of off-topic postings not too high?
* Does the feed promote a company or a commercial product?
* Does the feed add more value to Planet Lotus and the Lotus community than it does for the feed owner?
* Is there more than just a welcome posting?
* Does the feed contain advertisements?
IBM / Lotus Partner Blogs:
The following criteria will be applied to categorizing partner blogs. Partner blogs will show up at the bottom of the front page. They will also be added to the planetlotus.org/partners/ page.
* Blogs that are owned by a product company
* Blogs that are on the product companies domain
* Blogs that have product branding on them
* If your company is only you, that’s ok.
* This list is subject to change without notice… as people get creative.
1. I WILL NOT post your email address!
2. Blog Title and Description from the feed.
3. Before submitting, please test your blog feed here: http://feedvalidator.org
4. Consider sending a full post feed to increase your keyword score and search results.
5. Feedburner: Please know that PL can not receive posts from Feedburner during the day.
To submit a blog simply copy the text below into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* Blog Name: Only if there is more then one author to this blog, and there is a 21 character limit.
* Blog URL: http://
* RSS Feed: http://
* Twitter: @
* Blog Type: Choose the number from below that best represents this blog:
1. Community: An individual/single person blog.
2. Aggregate: A blog with more than one author.
3. Employee: An individual/single person blog and an employees of IBM.
4. Official: A blog with more than one author published by IBM.
* Location: Example: Austin, Texas, USA
* Primary Language:
* Are you an IBM Employee? (used for categorization):
Post your site suggestions here as comments. Thank you!